Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
Southwest WiFi
Display Avatars Sort By:
Kevin Babione
(KBabione) - MLife

Locale: Pennsylvania
Southwest WiFi on 03/19/2009 19:38:30 MDT Print View

Okay - This is very cool...I'm at 39,000 feet flying from Vegas to BWI on one of two Southwest airplanes that has free WiFi installed. It's giving me a chance to get caught up reading the posts.

Look for it - at least for now it's free and works pretty well (unless you're looking at images of Austrailian Strangler Figs - which took a long time to download).

Joe Clement
(skinewmexico) - MLife

Locale: Southwest
Southwest WiFi on 03/19/2009 20:00:44 MDT Print View

I love Southwest. I'm reminded of that everytime I have to fly other airlines to get to State College, and schedules seem optional. And WiFi will be great. Cheap, and on-time. All airlines should learn from them.

Edited by skinewmexico on 03/19/2009 20:17:14 MDT.

Kevin Babione
(KBabione) - MLife

Re: Southwest WiFi on 03/19/2009 20:11:44 MDT Print View

Since I grew up in State College (and went to Penn State) I have to ask: Why do you go to Happy Valley?

Joe Clement
(skinewmexico) - MLife

Southwest WiFi on 03/19/2009 20:16:30 MDT Print View

Apparently, I was very, very evil in a former life.

Just kidding. And I work, for only a couple more weeks, for a company based there. I have to admit, a Penn State football game was way beyond anything I had ever experienced.

Edited by skinewmexico on 03/19/2009 20:17:59 MDT.

Kevin Babione
(KBabione) - MLife

Re: Southwest WiFi on 03/19/2009 20:36:24 MDT Print View

There are a bunch of great trails in the hills around State College. Too bad it doesn't sound like you had a chance to hike them. Good luck with your future endeavors.

Joe Clement
(skinewmexico) - MLife

Southwest WiFi on 03/19/2009 20:38:09 MDT Print View

Great golf courses too.