Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
Stop Blaming Guns!!!
Display Avatars Sort By:
Unknown abc
(edude) - F
"Stop Blaming Guns!!!" on 03/27/2009 18:49:59 MDT Print View

Amendment II

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

Source: http://www.law.cornell.edu/constitution/constitution.billofrights.html#amendmentii

Edited by edude on 03/28/2009 12:25:11 MDT.

Taylor Ginther
(Tippet) - F

Locale: San Diego
Evan you seem to have mistaken me for Miguel D Arboleda on 03/27/2009 19:03:06 MDT Print View

Do us both a favor and re-read my post

Ali e
(barefootnavigator) - F

Locale: Outside
"Stop Blaming Guns!!!" COWARDS on 03/27/2009 20:05:38 MDT Print View

I keep seeing posts here saying I hope you are never at the mercy of a criminal with a gun! Id like to point out that the average criminal coulndt hit the broad side of a barn at close distance and either could the average gun owner. If I recall correct there were 40,000 thousand rounds fired for every fatality in Viet Nam. Why dont you just learn hand to hand combat take the pistol toting criminals gun away from him shove it up his ass and pull the triger till it goes click. Real men and girls of course use thier hands. I mean really if you are that scared why dont you just pack a few granades or maybe some small nukes. I think the word for today is COWARDS. Ali

Sam Haraldson
(sharalds) - MLife

Locale: Gallatin Range
Stop Blaming Guns!!! on 03/27/2009 20:29:55 MDT Print View

Keep it civil please, folks. Last time I checked this was a backpacking forum.

Ashley Brown
(ashleyb) - F
a request on 03/27/2009 20:34:26 MDT Print View

Before you post ask yourself... Does my post insult or belittle another forum member?

If so, why not re-phrase your point of view. It reflects very poorly on the *poster* to be delivering an insult on such a (usually) friendly forum. If you can't understand another person's point of view then simply disagree politely. To do otherwise breaks down the friendliness of this online community, which I am sure you value as much as everyone here does.

We're all friends here, even though we may occasionally disagree. Make sure your posts reflect that! (please!)

EDIT: Sam beat me to it!

Edited by ashleyb on 03/27/2009 20:36:06 MDT.

stefan hoffman
(puckem) - F

Locale: between trees
Ultralight Guns on 03/27/2009 20:56:25 MDT Print View

Well lets get a little bit on topic here. Im not really on either side of this issue....carry w/e you like, cuz im sure you will never have a reason to point it at me.

SOOOO.....lets see who can find the lightest gun. Post some links or something. There are plenty of insanely small ones that would barely kill a rabbit, but im interested in seeing some functional and fairly light ones. Taylor....stop dreaming about corpse raping and post a link to that titanium revolver you mentioned. Sounds badass.

Heres a start. Auto .38 with 7 round capacity and under half a pound. http://www.gunblast.com/KelTec_P3AT.htm

Also interested in getting a lighter machete. My cold steel spanish machete is over a pound i think. I like it but i could make a compromise in durability and stiffness to get something lighter. Gotta be at least 18 inches though.

Ali e
(barefootnavigator) - F

Locale: Outside
"Stop Blaming Guns!!!" on 03/27/2009 21:03:45 MDT Print View

Stephan, you wrote 18" and corpse raping in the same post. Now I'm really scared. I'm reversing my stance and gettin me a Iraqin sub machine gun. Ali

Unknown abc
(edude) - F
"Stop Blaming Guns!!!" on 03/27/2009 23:33:49 MDT Print View

:)

Edited by edude on 03/28/2009 12:24:11 MDT.

Taylor Ginther
(Tippet) - F

The Keltec is a good choice on 03/27/2009 23:38:21 MDT Print View

affordable too. For something with a little more stopping power, check the S&W Model 360PD Revolver in .357 mag. At 12 oz. it's the lightest magnum on the market. But with an msrp of about $1k, I'd probably stick with the Keltec. Taurus has a line of ul revolvers too, but they're all heavier than the S&W. Taurus uses Ti, S&W uses scandium.

Ya know a Charter Arms or American Arms little 22lr or 22wmr would be about the smallest and lightest thing around, and actually pretty effective. Only good at extremely close range though.
n american arms mini-revolver

Taylor Ginther
(Tippet) - F

Evan, are you high? on 03/27/2009 23:46:43 MDT Print View

Taylor, I KNOW WHAT YOUR POST SAID.

Good Day, and God bless America!!!

Well, then, since you can plainly see we're on the same side of this issue, I don't understand why you'd insult me. Unless you're drunk, or stoned, or both. In that case it would make perfect sense.

Jonathan Boozer
(anywayoutside) - MLife

Locale: South East
Re: "Stop Blaming Guns!!!" on 03/27/2009 23:50:47 MDT Print View

Evan - I think you may be WAY off base here. Looks to me like you guys are saying the same thing. Maybe read the posts again or clarify what you are trying to say. And a mild suggestion - the all caps thing (yelling) is just juvenile and rude no matter your stance.

Tad Englund
(bestbuilder) - F - MLife

Locale: Pacific Northwest
Re: Evan, are you high? on 03/28/2009 01:21:26 MDT Print View

Taylor, and everyone else please keep in mind that Even, is as he has stated, only 13 years old- Jonathan your comment "just juvenile and rude" was right on the mark, literally and physically.
It’s good to have young adolescences reading and learning from this forum, I think all us are here to help each other, especially those too young to know the “old ways”. Their questions are always welcome and encouraged.
But sometimes during youthful exuberance they enter a conversation/topic that might be beyond their skill set, thinking that they have knowledge or experience on a certain topic when the lack of such is all too evident.
Please excuse Evan and all of us for our sometimes thoughtless, impetuous behavior.

I too have been known to type without thinking.

Edited by bestbuilder on 03/28/2009 01:25:34 MDT.

Unknown abc
(edude) - F
"Stop Blaming Guns!!!" on 03/28/2009 11:52:14 MDT Print View

:)

Edited by edude on 03/28/2009 12:25:51 MDT.

Lyan Jordan
(redmonk)

Locale: Greater Yellowstone Ecosystem
Stop Blaming Guns!!! on 03/28/2009 12:04:39 MDT Print View

wtf ?
You two are on the same side of the issue, or you, Evan, are not making your point well at all.

Joe Westing
(pedro87) - F
Re: "Stop Blaming Guns!!!" on 03/28/2009 12:08:13 MDT Print View

ummm, Evan...Taylor is agreeing with you. here is the quote again:

"The fact is, the Constitution DOES grant the right of the people to keep and bear arms..."

And even if he did disagree with you (which he DOES NOT), then you should probably try to keep the insults to a minimum.

Joe Clement
(skinewmexico) - MLife

Locale: Southwest
Stop Blaming Guns!!! on 03/28/2009 12:23:46 MDT Print View

Please. Let this thread die.

stefan hoffman
(puckem) - F

Locale: between trees
UL Arms on 03/28/2009 13:51:23 MDT Print View

http://www.smallestguns.com/

A nice list of tiny guns. Including the .7oz SwissMini Revolver. Many of the links dont work.

Dave T
(DaveT) - F
to posters / moderator. on 03/28/2009 15:02:02 MDT Print View

To posters, please be aware of the Ground Rules for forum posts on BPL. If you are going to post, you should be following this approach:
"Be civil, reasonable, and helpful. Off-topic, inflammatory, or inappropriate posts will be removed at our discretion."

To moderator(s):
Is there no moderation when posts are way out of bounds? I realize this is in Chaff, but it doesn't seem in keeping with BPL to allow such a long thread of insults and inflammatory language to exist on this web page.

Richard Scruggs
(JRScruggs) - MLife

Locale: Oregon
Re: to posters / moderator. on 03/28/2009 15:24:45 MDT Print View

I suggest providing every BPL member with access to a hot button that can delete any posting in Chaff for any reason.

That would quickly eliminate this thread on guns, and the entire Chaff category could perhaps be renamed "Gunfight at the OK Corral" to recognize that improvement in quality.

JRS

Steve O
(HechoEnDetroit) - F

Locale: South Kak
um.... on 03/28/2009 15:26:59 MDT Print View

has anyone hit the "flag post" button (the little red flag)?