Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
Marmot Atom Bag (long)
Display Avatars Sort By:
Scott Peterson
(scottalanp) - F

Locale: Northern California
Marmot Atom Bag (long) on 01/05/2006 14:20:59 MST Print View

Backcountry Gear has the Marmot Atom (long) on sale for $187. Seems like a great deal for a bag that normally runs $249. Pertex Quantum and 900 fill seems to indicate top-of-the-line materials. It is rated to 40 degrees, but in a bivy or tent, it has to go lower than that. I noticed that Marmot has the weight for the 6'6" model pegged at 20 ounces where the site selling it has it at 24.

http://www.backcountrygear.com/catalog/bagdetail.cfm?PRODUCTS__ProductID=MA1807

Dan Reynolds
(bookemdano) - F
Marmot Atom on 01/08/2006 21:41:48 MST Print View

I just bought a Regular...nice bag. Marmot says it's 16oz but mine is actually 18oz. I don't mind the extra 2 oz of loft. It's a snug fit though...I'm about 200lbs currently (working toward 170 by summer) and it's "just" big enough. Fits well in a Med Integral Designs silsack without too much compression. The black stuffsack that comes with it is not UL but it does compress it small which would be handy for a small pack.

Aaron Sorensen
(awsorensen) - MLife

Locale: South of Forester Pass
Marmot weight on 01/22/2006 14:54:23 MST Print View

A Marmot bag heavy!
Has any one actually received a Marmot bag that was true to the advertised weight? The Pounder, I had to unwillingly buy, stated 16oz for the reg. Actual weight was 18.9oz.
I think they post weights on what they wish the bag would weigh and keep the consumer dreaming.