Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
new eVent bivys ("tents") now up on RAB's site
Display Avatars Sort By:
Andy Dixon
(sideshowandy) - F
new eVent bivys ("tents") now up on RAB's site on 03/12/2009 06:03:02 MDT Print View

http://www.rab.uk.com/equipment/bivvis/

Doug Johnson
(djohnson) - MLife

Locale: Washington State
Re: new eVent bivys ("tents") now up on RAB's site on 03/12/2009 07:51:39 MDT Print View

Very cool! The larger one has a much higher ceiling than the Summit Extreme but the fabric is only listed as "Exchange Lite" rather than "Exchange Lite eVent". I wonder if eVent is used in this tent?

John S.
(jshann) - F
Re: Re: new eVent bivys ("tents") now up on RAB's site on 03/12/2009 09:37:00 MDT Print View

Which one is Doug talking about? The mountain bivy is exchange lite and the exchange lite icon to the left says it is event. I think it is event.

Dave U
(FamilyGuy) - F

Locale: Rockies
New eVent Bivys on 03/12/2009 09:40:35 MDT Print View

Integral Designs is apparently coming out with their version in the late spring that is said to be for two people and weight right around 3 pounds. Evan has been tight lipped and terse about letting any specifics out in the market as he believes that there my be copycats. Having said that, Rab is first to market with this line.

(edited to correct weight)

Edited by FamilyGuy on 03/12/2009 11:10:44 MDT.

John S.
(jshann) - F
Re: New eVent Bivys on 03/12/2009 09:44:07 MDT Print View

What will ID's be, silnylon floor with single layer event walls? With crossover poles there is no way they can hit 2 pounds with a 2 person floored event shelter.

Even the Golite utopia 1, floorless and silnylon walls, is right at 2 pounds.

Edited by jshann on 03/12/2009 09:45:33 MDT.

Dave U
(FamilyGuy) - F

Locale: Rockies
new eVent bivys ("tents") now up on RAB's site on 03/12/2009 11:08:57 MDT Print View

Sorry John, - I hit the wrong key - 3 pounds. I will edit.

This is what I know so far:

-2 person shelter.
-most of the height at the entrance or just aft.
-long enough for 6'3" person.
-crossing pole - type structure.
-dual upper vents like the MK series.
- 3ply eVent with 30d floor and 70d as an option.

Woubeir (from Europe)
(Woubeir) - F - MLife
Re: Re: new eVent bivys ("tents") now up on RAB's site on 03/12/2009 11:56:50 MDT Print View

Doug,
Exchange Lite is just a propriatory name used by RAB. It used to be gore-tex but now they use eVENT. Just go to the Exchange Lite logo on the left and everything will be reveiled.

Edited by Woubeir on 03/12/2009 11:57:38 MDT.

Franco Darioli
(Franco) - M

Locale: Melbourne
new eVent bivys ("tents") now up on RAB's site on 03/12/2009 17:49:51 MDT Print View

That Summit Mountain Bivi has to be the new world record holder for the largest 2 person bivi on the market.
In-between the Bibler I and the Eldorado in size, the 222cm (87") floor length is good news, appears lighter than both.
The Rab is listed at 71 oz 9 inc stakes ?)
Franco
I bet that GE will never find it under "bivi"