Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
Anyone use Taiga Gear?
Display Avatars Sort By:
Michael Febbo
(febbom) - F
Anyone use Taiga Gear? on 03/06/2009 15:10:59 MST Print View

I just found out that this company exists:

Their prices for down clothing and bags, actually everything, are very, very competitive. Has anyone used anything from them- any comments on quality and design? Given the prices, I am worried that this is sub-par gear.

Mike W
(skopeo) - F

Locale: British Columbia
Taiga Works... on 03/06/2009 17:42:01 MST Print View

Edited by skopeo on 04/27/2015 15:13:51 MDT.

Stephen Klassen
Taiga gear on 03/06/2009 19:15:20 MST Print View

I just sold one down parka, and still have an older one.

Quality is as good as what I have owned from MEC (bush pilot, Northlite), Patagonia (DAS), FF (Helios) Integral Designs (PLQ) and Montbell (Alpine lite). I would definitely recommend the down jackets/parkas. As I said on another thread, the Mont Blanc in Dryloft they are currently selling for $200 is a steal. I would buy one if I didn't already have one (but older, unbaffled).

I have their down booties as well, quality is excellent.

I know their gore-tex bibs from 10 years ago lasts as well. But I don't have experience with anything newer than 5 years.

Some people complain about trying to return items. You'll have to google that. I liked the stuff, so I never returned anything.

I liked the old store better than the new one, even tho the location is slightly more convenient.

Paul Davis
(pdavis) - M

Locale: Yukon, 60N 135W
good design, but shop in person, not by mail on 03/08/2009 22:44:29 MDT Print View

Hi All!

I have had some good bits and pieces of gear from Taiga over the years, however, my experience has been that they are not very mail-order oriented. Here in the North there have been some problems with their ability to follow-through on such things as sleeping bag returns from mail-orders.

So, best to shop in person!

60N 135W