Forum Index » GEAR » Questions for ID Thru Hiker and Rain Pants owners

Display Avatars Sort By:
Adrian B
(adrianb) - MLife

Locale: Auckland, New Zealand
Questions for ID Thru Hiker and Rain Pants owners on 03/03/2009 14:26:11 MST Print View

Have searched high and low but no luck, maybe folks here can help.

- does the ID eVent Thru Hiker have a volume adjuster in the hood? I can tell from photos that the front edge can be cinched down, but does it also have a separate volume adjuster?

- what sort of waistband and tightening system do the Rain Pants have? Just standard built in elastic + a static drawcord? Or something more complicated with clips, built in belt etc?

Adrian B
(adrianb) - MLife

Re: Questions for ID Thru Hiker and Rain Pants owners on 03/04/2009 12:04:53 MST Print View

bump ?

Greg Mihalik
(greg23) - M

Locale: Colorado
Re: Re: Questions for ID Thru Hiker and Rain Pants owners on 03/04/2009 12:14:14 MST Print View

I just noticed your location.
A good reason not to just call them....

My Thru-Hiker has a volume toggle for the hood.

Edited by greg23 on 03/04/2009 12:15:39 MST.

Lynn Tramper
(retropump) - F

Locale: The Antipodes of La Coruna
Re: Questions for ID Thru Hiker and Rain Pants owners on 03/04/2009 12:42:51 MST Print View

Yes, the hood has a bungy/cordlock volume adjuster at the back. Note that the brim is not re-inforced, so is not really very usefull in any kind of strong wind. It's also pretty short in the torso but long in the arms.

Tim Cheek
(hikerfan4sure) - MLife
ID event pants on 03/04/2009 18:36:54 MST Print View

Have elastic and velcro strips at the waist.

Adrian B
(adrianb) - MLife

Re: Questions for ID Thru Hiker and Rain Pants owners on 03/04/2009 18:40:27 MST Print View

great thanks for the replies...

re the hood, a further question: how well can you cover your face when zipping right up and cinching the hood?

re the pants: so you can only tighten them using velcro, rather than a drawcord? hmm. I can't stand it when rain pants fall down when walking.. do they stay up and tightened ok with pack trying to push them down?

Tim Cheek
(hikerfan4sure) - MLife
ID Pants on 03/04/2009 19:21:43 MST Print View

The velcro strips are on both sides of the pants and does a pretty good job of keeping them up over time.