Forum Index » Gear Deals » 40% off at Backcountry...

Display Avatars Sort By:
Steve O
(HechoEnDetroit) - F

Locale: South Kak
Re: Re: Oh no not again. on 03/02/2009 15:29:26 MST Print View

yes, it is 40%

Robert Bryant
(KG4FAM) - F

Locale: Upstate
Re: speculation on 03/02/2009 15:47:55 MST Print View

"There's been speculation elsewhere that this may not be a mistake; it could be a clever marketing technique to sell off excess inventory. It certainly seems to be working with us. They've created uncertainty as to how long this will last, so we all pull the trigger quickly without taking time to think it over."

Yeah, but 40 percent off Western Mountaineering? Thats pretty generous "marketing" for bags that pretty much don't go on sale.

Ian Rae
(iancrae) - F

Locale: North Cascades
Re: Re: speculation on 03/02/2009 15:52:07 MST Print View

Yeah, that's true. I ordered two bags myself.

David Neumann
(idahomtman) - M

Locale: Northern Idaho
40% off at Backcountry on 03/02/2009 16:09:37 MST Print View

Works great for me with IE, but I really have no needs as tempting as it is to get such a good discount. As a few others have noted, for now at least, I'll take a 100% discount and log off. BTW, it stated the discount was good until May!

Matt Lutz
(citystuckhiker) - F

Locale: Midwest
Still works on 03/02/2009 16:18:40 MST Print View

Still works - my bro just bought a decent sleeping bag - Marmot Hydrogen (same one I have).

I will be replacing a base layer, and do I really need another stove?

Nicholas Miller
(nmiller08) - F

Locale: Montana
not working for some items? on 03/02/2009 16:51:19 MST Print View

I was wondering if anyone else was getting a "discount is not as good as current sale price" message? I was thinking about buying a new transceiver, which is currently 10% off, but the code gives that message, despite the fact that 40% is obviously better than 10%. Anyone else have difficulty with items already on sale?

David Neumann
(idahomtman) - M

Locale: Northern Idaho
Re: not working on some items on 03/02/2009 16:57:01 MST Print View

Nicholas, you have to follow the directions exactly as they have been posted earlier. Find what you want on the regular site. Put it in your cart, then click the Outlet tab. Begin the check out process and then enter the redemption code given earlier. When I did this it indicated the discount would be good until 5/31!

I just walked a friend through it and he got 40% off a Big Agness Tent.

Edited by idahomtman on 03/02/2009 16:57:36 MST.

Dan Cunningham
(mn-backpacker)

Locale: Land of 12,000 Loons
Worked for me on 03/02/2009 17:00:40 MST Print View

Got a bunch of stuff... saved $161.90.

Thanks guys!

Nicholas Miller
(nmiller08) - F

Locale: Montana
Re: Re: not working on some items on 03/02/2009 18:04:52 MST Print View

Hey Dave,
Just to make sure I was doing it right, I added some other things to my cart and it worked fine for them...but not for avy beacons. bummer.

Dave T
(DaveT) - F
still working. on 03/02/2009 18:07:38 MST Print View

40% off, plus no tax and free shipping.

woop!

Chris Chastain
(Thangfish) - F

Locale: S. Central NC, USA
Re: encore on 03/02/2009 18:07:48 MST Print View

> 3M5-1-7XKL5

The new one worked fine for me, and I had used the others until they ran out.

Clothes for my daughters this time... thanks Steve O!

Matt Lutz
(citystuckhiker) - F

Still working on 03/02/2009 18:39:09 MST Print View

Still works, ordered Cap 1 bottoms and MB UL Down Parka. Woot!

Mike Klinefelter
(mjkline)

Locale: Southern California
Not working for some items on 03/02/2009 18:58:26 MST Print View

I did notice that for certain items I get the following message

"Discount is not as good as current sale price"

even though the "current sale price" is only a 10% discount and the 40% discount is applied to other items in the cart. The particular items that I had this happen with are the Avalanche Beacons. I've tried several of them that are 10% off and I get the above message. But it's still working for the WM and Marmot bags, although they have fewer and fewer of them in stock. Might have to pick up a few more just to have in my "inventory".

Joe Clement
(skinewmexico) - MLife

Locale: Southwest
40% off on 03/02/2009 19:04:48 MST Print View

Anyone's gear ship yet? My socks shipped, but not my big ticket items.....

Matt Lutz
(citystuckhiker) - F

How to get it to work after adding additional items on 03/02/2009 19:08:40 MST Print View

After you are ready to check out, click back to the Outlet tab. Click checkout. If you have already entered the code, the new discounts should appear either when you click the outlet tab or when you click check out.

James Waechter
(Weegie5)

Locale: Colorado Rockies
thanks on 03/02/2009 19:13:21 MST Print View

Thanks Steve-O. This is awesome (though my wife would disagree)!

Ian Rae
(iancrae) - F

Locale: North Cascades
Re: 40% off on 03/02/2009 19:19:39 MST Print View

Both my WM bags and some rock pro have shipped as of this afternoon. I placed the order on saturday, so it might just be taking a while.

Brian Latta
(skillet0) - F

Locale: SW Michigan
Quarters Everywhere on 03/02/2009 19:24:42 MST Print View

This all reminds me of a dream that I have quite often. In my dream everywhere I go there are tons and tons of quarters on the ground. I spend the entire time trying to pick them all up before they magically disappear. Now everything I can imagine is 40% and I feel the need to buy it all before the discount magically disappears. Anyone else have the quarters dream?

Ashley Brown
(ashleyb) - F
Re: Quarters Everywhere on 03/02/2009 19:31:52 MST Print View

> Anyone else have the quarters dream?

Haha, yes I do! But haven't had it for a while. It's so funny because while I'm dreaming I'm thinking "holy cow, there's all this money just lying around everywhere -- why haven't I ever seen it before!". Every place I look there's more money sitting around. It's an awesome dream.

But... I also have a nasty version of the same dream. In this one there are snakes curled up on the ground almost everywhere. I keep almost stepping on them because they are literally almost everywhere I put my foot.

The money dream must happen when I'm really happy with life, and the snakes one when I'm kinda worried. Haven't had either lately and that about sums things up!

Michael Williams
(mlebwill) - F

Locale: Colorado
Bill Me Later on 03/02/2009 19:35:33 MST Print View

Did anyone see that you can use "Bill Me Later" with this and get no payments for 90 days....

Just think of all the crap I can hide from my wife with that combo.

Ordered 2 Montbell bags - one for the wife and one for the kid and she won't know for 90 days...