Forum Index » GEAR » Golite Jam Users

Display Avatars Sort By:
Ray Dunham
(Raymond) - F

Locale: SE US
Golite Jam Users on 02/25/2009 17:21:41 MST Print View

I am interest in the new Golite Jam. I have a 30 inch waist and want to be able to cinch it tight. Would I be able to do that? I am concerned the padded hip belt would wrap too far around my waist. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Tony Wong
(Valshar) - MLife

Locale: San Francisco Bay Area
Re: Golite Jam Users on 02/25/2009 17:25:57 MST Print View

Ray,

I have a 31" inch waist....maybe 32" and I have the 2008 Jam2 in large and it fits me fine.

That said, there is very little room left for me to cinch it up further.

I think that 30" would be limit for the large.

An alternative for the Jam2 is the more expensive, but lighter, MLD Exodus....too me, they are essentially the same design.

-Tony

James Lantz
(jameslantz) - F

Locale: North Georgia
GoLite Jam 2 on 02/25/2009 18:29:23 MST Print View

Ray,
You may also want to take a look at the new Gossamer Gear Gorilla. It seems to be similar to my friend's Jam 2 but has the advantage of 3 pack sizes plus 3 hip belt sizes with the hip belt being removable. You can therefore use any combination of pack/hip belt. The Gossamer Gear pack also has the option of foam padding for both the shoulder straps & hip belt which are both also removable in case you want to use gloves, socks, or nothing in your straps or belt. If you want a larger pack than the Gorilla, look at the Mariposa Plus. I own both & love them both.
Nonetheless, GoLite makes great products & my friend likes his Jam 2 so I don't think you would go wrong with either choice.