November 20, 2015 8:16 PM MST - Subscription purchasing, account maintenance, forum profile maintenance, new account registration, and forum posting have been disabled
as we prepare our databases for the final migration to our new server next week. Stay tuned here for more details.
Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
Golite Jam Users
Display Avatars Sort By:
Ray Dunham
(Raymond) - F

Locale: SE US
Golite Jam Users on 02/25/2009 17:21:41 MST Print View

I am interest in the new Golite Jam. I have a 30 inch waist and want to be able to cinch it tight. Would I be able to do that? I am concerned the padded hip belt would wrap too far around my waist. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Tony Wong
(Valshar) - MLife

Locale: San Francisco Bay Area
Re: Golite Jam Users on 02/25/2009 17:25:57 MST Print View

I have a 31" inch waist....maybe 32" and I have the 2008 Jam2 in large and it fits me fine.

That said, there is very little room left for me to cinch it up further.

I think that 30" would be limit for the large.

An alternative for the Jam2 is the more expensive, but lighter, MLD Exodus....too me, they are essentially the same design.

James Lantz
(jameslantz) - F

Locale: North Georgia
GoLite Jam 2 on 02/25/2009 18:29:23 MST Print View

You may also want to take a look at the new Gossamer Gear Gorilla. It seems to be similar to my friend's Jam 2 but has the advantage of 3 pack sizes plus 3 hip belt sizes with the hip belt being removable. You can therefore use any combination of pack/hip belt. The Gossamer Gear pack also has the option of foam padding for both the shoulder straps & hip belt which are both also removable in case you want to use gloves, socks, or nothing in your straps or belt. If you want a larger pack than the Gorilla, look at the Mariposa Plus. I own both & love them both.
Nonetheless, GoLite makes great products & my friend likes his Jam 2 so I don't think you would go wrong with either choice.