I recently completed making a windshell. I didn't want a hood - preferring a hat instead. I searched for a suitable pattern because I really wanted a raglan style sleeve, with a full zip front. In the end I found some free patterns at shelby.fi.
I was able to adapt their Vuokatti shirt for what I wanted. Their shirt was made in knit fabric, and I was using Pertex, so I went up a size from what I would normally wear and made a prototype first out of synthetic lining fabric - scraps I had leftover from making some other clothing. I added a full-length zip down the front. I made a couple of adjustments to the body shape, and was very happy with how it worked out.
I then embarked on the Pertex version, using my adapted pattern. The Pertex was really nice to sew with, making lovely crisp seams.
You can see my finished product at my blog:
It weighs 93 grams with its little stuff sac and 89 grams without. Very happy with the results.
I'd also like to thank Roger Caffin for sending me a pic of the Backpacking Light shell top that he designed (accessible only to subscribers) so I could evaluate whether it was what I wanted before subscribing. On this occasion it wasn't, but I am grateful to Roger for taking the time to send it to me.