Forum Index » Gear Swap » Cheap SUL pack

Display Avatars Sort By:
Alex Darr
(Alex90) - F
Cheap SUL pack on 02/20/2009 09:46:11 MST Print View

Hey, I'm leaving for an AT thru hike in a couple weeks and am planning on using a vapor trail, but I've recently had the urge to experiment with something a little more minimalist. If anyone has something even lighter laying around that's old or has a lot of miles on it and feel like letting it go for cheap, I would be so very grateful.
Thanks,
Alex

PS I'm also in the market for some CF poles, I'm thinking orphans or older sets that you have since upgraded from.

Yes I am having last minute gear anxiety, I have a feeling that my entire system is going to be different by the time I leave.

Edited by Alex90 on 02/20/2009 09:51:19 MST.

Joe Geib
(joegeib) - F

Locale: Delaware & Lehigh Valleys
Re: Cheap SUL pack on 02/20/2009 11:07:25 MST Print View

Changing your entire setup before leaving? That may be dicey. I'd say that being comfortable using your setup is part of the recipe for success, and you might not have enough time to test out some new pieces.

However, I understand that your gear may evolve over the trip, as you evolve, so you may be inclined to change things out after you've used them and desire something "more".

I made my own set of rigid CF poles (will post later), but I have yet to test them out. If those work well, I'm inclined to sell my Black Diamond Countour poles (not CF, 18oz).

Alex Darr
(Alex90) - F
. on 02/20/2009 11:51:17 MST Print View

yeah, perhaps a bit of an exaggeration on my part, I'm happy with my current system, I'm just looking to try out some different setups along the way.

brian fitzmartin
(brianfitz) - F

Locale: philadelphia PA
cf poles on 02/20/2009 13:10:24 MST Print View

i have pair of fixed lenght komperdell feather light 120 cm i would like to unload they never been used. they are good for some about 5'9"ish

Edited by brianfitz on 02/20/2009 13:13:12 MST.