Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
Many Minneapolis-Area BPLers--let's meet!
Display Avatars Sort By:
Roleigh Martin
(marti124) - MLife

Locale: Moderator-JohnMuirTrail Yahoo Group
Many Minneapolis-Area BPLers--let's meet! on 02/19/2009 22:45:03 MST Print View

There are many Minneapolis, MN, area hikers on this forum. Let's get together some evening and enjoy a great meal at the Fogo De Chao! ( http://www.fogodechao.com/ at 6th and Hennepin). We could do it some Saturday or Sunday noon and enjoy the same food at reduced noon time prices, or do it for supper, either night. I'm open to any of the 4 options. We could meet other places too.

David Noll
(dpnoll) - MLife

Locale: Maroon Bells
mpls meet on 02/21/2009 12:30:13 MST Print View

I'm just south of TC in Lake City so would be interested in Sat or Sunday.

Edited by dpnoll on 02/21/2009 12:38:16 MST.

William Puckett
(Beep) - F

Locale: Land of 11, 842 lakes
RE: Mpls Meet on 02/21/2009 16:26:09 MST Print View

I'm up for it...most any time but Tuesday evenings (standing commitment elsewhere).

Heh...perhaps we could use the first meeting to create/plan an overnight like the recent Pt. Reyes outing for the west-coast contingent!

Edited by Beep on 02/21/2009 16:29:45 MST.

Roleigh Martin
(marti124) - MLife

Re: Many Minneapolis-Area BPLers--let's meet! on 02/21/2009 19:20:37 MST Print View

Well we got 3 interested, I'm going to ping a couple of other BPLers who live in the TC. I'm hoping we can get 4-6.

I found out at Fogo De Chao they do not do lunch meals on weekend, so to do it on a weekend, it will be Sat or Sun evening, which of those two do you all favor -- I'm open to either.

William Puckett
(Beep) - F

Preferred Time on 02/21/2009 19:27:37 MST Print View

Of the choice of Saturday or Sunday evening, Sunday is better for me most weekends. Midday either day would be better, though, so maybe a different venue?

Roleigh Martin
(marti124) - MLife

Re: Preferred Time on 02/21/2009 20:01:53 MST Print View

I'll double check, but I think they open at 4pm. Check out the web site, http://www.fogodechao.com -- once you tried this place, you'll never be satisfied with any other steak house. It is such an incredibly great experience. They have quotes from 115 reviews here and I agree with them,

http://www.fogodechao.com/reviews.php

I'll buy the first bottle of red wine for the group too.

I pinged 3-4 others who have a Minneapolis locale, let's hope they join this thread.

Katalina Jimenez
(katlinx) - F

Locale: Minneapolis, MN
I'm game on 02/21/2009 20:30:31 MST Print View

Hello Fellow TC'ers,
I'd love to get together. I'm hiking the PCT starting this April, so it would be fun to talk gear.

I'm free Sunday (afternoon or early evening works best for me) or Wed/Thursday (Feb 25-26) work for me too. I'd be coming from St. Louis Park (Hwy 100/Excelsior area).

Katalina

David Noll
(dpnoll) - MLife

mpls on 02/22/2009 06:44:31 MST Print View

Saturday is better for us but we are pretty flexible.

Jim Colten
(jcolten) - M

Locale: MN
RE: Mpls Meet on 02/22/2009 08:01:00 MST Print View

Aaaaahhh, Fogo ... sure, but I'll probably need about week's notice so I can start fasting;-)

I'll need to check available dates for the next few weeks.

Planning a weekend get together would be great!

Roleigh Martin
(marti124) - MLife

Re: Many Minneapolis-Area BPLers--let's meet! on 02/22/2009 08:13:46 MST Print View

We have 5 so far, more can join, but let's plan for Sunday, March 8 as the first event. It will be sometime after 4 pm, I will book Tuesday. Should we just go for the first reservation we can get that Sunday evening as long as it is before 7pm (anywhere between opening which is around 4pm and 7pm but first slot available)?

Note, I changed date to March 8 for Dan.

Edited by marti124 on 02/22/2009 08:33:21 MST.

Dan Cunningham
(mn-backpacker)

Locale: Land of 12,000 Loons
I'm up for it on 02/22/2009 08:26:05 MST Print View

Sounds like fun - I'd be up for it, but I am out of town Feb 25 thru Mar 1.

William Puckett
(Beep) - F

Re: BPL in Minneapolis on 02/22/2009 08:29:17 MST Print View

Sunday March 1 in the 4-7 pm time frame works well for me. I'd say take the first time available.

Dan, will you be back from your travels by late afternoon on March 1? I'd be open to moving the time to later if it works better for all.

Edited by Beep on 02/22/2009 08:32:03 MST.

Jeremy Gustafson
(gustafsj) - MLife

Locale: Minneapolis
re: mpls on 02/22/2009 08:52:52 MST Print View

replying from my phone, hope this works... this is aa great idea!! Matt and I got together for lunch a few weeks ago, and it would be great to meet everyone else! mar 1 or mar 8 work for me... I'll be watching this thread. I'm glad I caught this as I don't normally watch it on the weekend. cheers!

KERI POEPPE
(WRYN) - F

Locale: Minnesota
gathering on 02/22/2009 09:10:19 MST Print View

I'd be thrilled to meet fellow backpackers! Thanks for the note and invite, Roleigh. Let me know which date works best for the group. Both days work for me.

Cheers!

David Noll
(dpnoll) - MLife

mpls meet on 02/22/2009 13:35:00 MST Print View

Count my wife and I in. I'll keep watching for final times etc.

Jay Wilkerson
(Creachen) - MLife

Locale: East Bay
MPLS-meet and greet on 02/22/2009 13:47:01 MST Print View

You people(BPL members)should have a great time! The West coast crew had a meet and greet at Pt. Reyes,Ca. I think we had 14 BPL members. It was so nice to meet and talk to people with such common interest like backpacking and GEAR. Have fun!!!

Edited by Creachen on 02/22/2009 13:47:38 MST.

John Mowery
(Mow) - F

Locale: Minnesota, USA
Many Minneapolis-Area BPLers--let's meet! on 02/22/2009 15:29:59 MST Print View

This sounds like a lot of fun. Count me in - Sunday the 8th? I'll keep an eye on this thread for the final details.

Lee Johnson
(ljohnson53) - M

Locale: Central Oregon
Mpls meet on 02/22/2009 16:35:10 MST Print View

This sounds like a great idea. I'll be out of town on the 8th, so the 1st would work for me and my wife.

Roleigh Martin
(marti124) - MLife

Re: Mpls meet on 02/22/2009 17:28:13 MST Print View

It looks like the 8th works for more than the 1st. I am in favor of us meeting at least every 8 weeks except during summer times when we're hiking.

I myself love an excuse to go to Fogo De Chao -- I just don't want to go by myself. Personally I'm up to meeting BOTH Sunday evenings, so if enough want to do that, count me in for BOTH. But doing the head count so far, March 8 seems to be more preferred.

Once we meet, perhaps you all can come up with another place to meet subsequent times.

I just think for us to have a grand time though that if we have at least 4-5 show up, I'm willing to do both.

For sure it looks like a great head count for the 8th. I'm still going to wait until Tuesday to do booking as it seems some people don't follow email until weekdays. I pinged everybody I could search through forum searching who is from TC -- there are about 3 who will see emails first thing Monday.

Matt Lutz
(citystuckhiker) - F

Locale: Midwest
Meet-up on 02/22/2009 17:55:37 MST Print View

Sounds good - my master planner (gf) is out right now but I'll get back to you folks. I should be fine for that day.