Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
GG Vapor Trail modifications
Display Avatars Sort By:
Cali Terrasas
(cal429258) - F

Locale: So Cal
GG Vapor Trail modifications on 02/18/2009 23:10:51 MST Print View

vapor trail pocketOk I don’t know if this is the right section or not, so just let me know if not.
I have made only a few modifications to my pack but it seems to be working out well
I added pockets to the top out side of the pack ( pic)
I also removed 12 in. off the extension tube from the top and then cut extra off all straps and as in another post I have been trying to work up a new lighter belt with less padding more like shoulder straps.
If there is any one else out there that has don some mod’s to the GG Vapor trail or Virga please let me know what you fond works or doesn’t work.. The more info the better.

Jason Klass
(jasonklass) - F

Locale: Parker, CO
Pocket on 02/21/2009 14:05:04 MST Print View

Ni Work Cali! This is very similar to the upper pocket on my Gossamer Gear Mariposa Plus. I really like it!

William Puckett
(Beep) - F

Locale: Land of 11, 842 lakes
RE: GG Vapor Trail Modifications on 02/21/2009 16:19:44 MST Print View

That looks nice...an appropriate set of mods!

Has anyone modified the existing side stretch pocket(s) to allow the compression strap to go underneath the stretch fabric? If so, how'd you handle the hole fix/repair/edge of the stretch material? Can you post pics?

(FWIW, the Vapor Day Pack actually has this fix with lycra binding around the holes in the stretch fabric.)

Dale South
(dsouth) - M

Locale: Southeast
RE: GG Vapor Trail Modifications on 02/21/2009 19:20:27 MST Print View

I modified the pockets on my Vapor Latitude ith slots for the strap to pass through. I just cut the slits and stitched them by hand similar to a button hole.