Locale: Midwest
patagonia winterfest sale on 02/09/2009 20:13:34 MST Print View

https://www.patagonia.com/

has begun

Joe Clement
(skinewmexico) - MLife

Locale: Southwest
Winterfest on 02/09/2009 20:42:48 MST Print View

I still can't afford any of it. But I get a Pro form from them that I can't afford either.

Don (Biloxi) Carter
(donjuan70) - F

Locale: Red Neck Riviera
sale on 02/10/2009 10:13:32 MST Print View

hey all their capaliene and wool is a good deal right now.I don't remember ever seeing it that low..for the 1-4

Mary D
(hikinggranny) - MLife

Locale: Gateway to Columbia River Gorge
"patagonia winterfest sale on 02/10/2009 16:23:29 MST Print View

I noticed a lot of Capilene base layers at 50% off, which definitely is a good deal. Of course they have only weird colors left, but I wear mine either in the sleeping bag or under outer clothing, so who cares?

Nathan Baker
(Slvravn) - MLife

Locale: East Coast - Mid Atlantic
Patagonia Fit? on 02/11/2009 07:14:17 MST Print View

I was curious to see how Patagonia garments fit. I was looking at the sizing chart and it seems that I could be in a small or a medium (BTW I am 5'9" 145lbs). I was wondering if I should stay at a medium with the capilene base layers due to possible shrinkage (3% or so) or stick with the small if there is no shrinkage of the garment. My wallet and I thank you(maybe not my wallet, but I do).

Dana S
(Naman919) - F

Locale: Richmond, Virginia
Re: Patagonia Fit? on 02/11/2009 08:12:38 MST Print View

Depends on how you like the fit. I'm more partial to the athletic cuts of IceBreaker base layers so i use Medium Capilene base layers in patagonia.

I have larges in my Icebreaker tops but found the patagonia large Cap T's and LS's to be just too long in the torso and very baggy.

With that in mind, i would recommend sticking with the small for your situation. I'm 6'2" 190# and the medium is my choice.

They don't really shrink either.

- Dana

Edited by Naman919 on 02/11/2009 08:13:49 MST.

Kari Post
(karipost) - MLife

Locale: New Hampshire
Patagonia fit on 02/11/2009 14:32:39 MST Print View

My boyfriend is 6-0/155 and he wears a medium. He's on the lanky side, so the small fits him better around the chest but his arms and legs are too long for the size small to fit him comfortably.

Richard Lyon
(richardglyon) - MLife

Locale: Bridger Mountains
Patagonia sizing on 02/11/2009 15:12:13 MST Print View

Dana, I'm 6-4, 200, with a 36.5 inch sleeve. Patagonia XL fits really well. Sounds like you need a Large.

Nathan Baker
(Slvravn) - MLife

Locale: East Coast - Mid Atlantic
Fit on 02/11/2009 20:24:07 MST Print View

Dana,

Thanks for the answer. I ordered a couple of tops in the small so I am hoping that the fit is good.

Collin Smith
(fennrisulfr) - F

Locale: Ozarks
sizing on 02/12/2009 21:04:53 MST Print View

Nathan,

I think you will be happy with a small. I am 5'11" 185# and I wear a medium.

I can never pass up the sales at Patagonia. I've already spent way too much on their site this year. Tons of great deals at this year's Winterfest.

Picked up some microburst pants, an ascensionist jacket, some cap 1's, R1's, a few belts, and some things for my girlfriend.

Nick Chen
(fleetparadox) - F

Locale: Socal
Patagonia Sizing on 02/12/2009 21:13:57 MST Print View

Nathan,

Funny you should ask that. I've flip flopped alot on their sizing even when trying it on in the stores.

I'm 5'8 & 150lb. The small Cap 1 will fit me... but it fits tighter than I would like for hiking. On the other hand, for Mt Biking I have a small that I like to wear, which fits more like a biking jersey. For the outer garments such as the R1 and Houdini, I wear a Med.

Hope that helps. Btw, the Cap series do stretch out a little after wearing them for a couple of days...