Forum Index » Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Trinity Alps high route

Display Avatars Sort By:
Dave T
(DaveT) - F
Trinity Alps high route on 02/09/2009 10:28:22 MST Print View

Hi all,

I had been checking out some pictures about a "high route" in the Trinity Alps, and found that the author had completed the whole loop in 2008. See the route and amazing pictures at:

http://www.pbase.com/losthiker/talps_high_route_2008

This looks like a great trip to do UL-style (as the author did). Lots of off-trail scrambling, some snowfields, lovely scenery.

I'm going to plan to do this one next summer!

Ken Thompson
(kthompson) - MLife
Trinity Alps high route on 02/09/2009 21:20:54 MST Print View

Been looking at that one myself. Beautiful country out there. Luckily just a few hours from home.

Dave T
(DaveT) - F
trinity alps high route. on 02/10/2009 10:13:11 MST Print View

yeah, i had been checking out his old pics and info, and thinking about how to string together a true loop from his (mostly) complete hikes, only to find he'd "solved" the whole loop in 2008.

seems like a great loop to do, with just enough scrambling and adventure to keep it interesting, and lots of off trail away from summertime "crowds" in the Alps.

i did a great solo four-day hike there a couple years back, maybe 70 miles all on trail in a huge loop, covering most of the high areas of the Alps, including descending the Caribou Scramble (a long way down!). the High Route would be a great addition to that trip.

sheila o
(bumpass) - F

Locale: The Far Left Coast? : /
Trinity Alps on 05/06/2009 00:59:51 MDT Print View

Anything in the Trinities is awesome....no people.....but please don't tell anybody the secret!