Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
Gore-tex or eVent
Display Avatars Sort By:
Chung Chan
(hammer) - F
Gore-tex or eVent on 02/05/2009 17:33:24 MST Print View

Does anyone know where I can buy gore-tex or eVent fabric? I can't seem to find anything online. Also, does anyone know if I need industrial strength sewing machines to work with these materials? I just want to make some waterproof and breathable pants the way I like them.

cheers

Ashley Brown
(ashleyb) - F
Re: Gore-tex or eVent on 02/05/2009 18:02:07 MST Print View

You can get gore-tex from www.owfinc.com. I don't think you can buy eVent anywhere (??).

Jason Shaffer
(PA_Jay) - F

Locale: on the move....
Re: Gore-tex or eVent on 02/05/2009 18:03:39 MST Print View

Seattle Fabrics and Rockywoods.com also sell various types of Goretex and other Wp-B's. I don't think eVent is sold by the yard anywhere - I'd love to be proven wrong though! Any decent sewing machine should do just fine w/ these fabrics.

Edited by PA_Jay on 02/05/2009 18:05:54 MST.

Brian UL
(MAYNARD76)

Locale: New England
Re: Re: Gore-tex or eVent on 02/05/2009 20:11:36 MST Print View

I have 3 yards of event, but its heavy. Not something you would want to make a jacket with unless your looking to make a bomber mountaineering one with a liner.

Chung Chan
(hammer) - F
Thanks for the info guys, much appreciated. on 02/06/2009 00:02:51 MST Print View

I bought an eVent jacket a couple years back, it doesn't seem that heavy. Are there different types of eVent materials?

Franco Darioli
(Franco) - M

Locale: Melbourne
Gore-tex or eVent on 02/06/2009 14:12:00 MST Print View

Yes eVent can be made in two or three layers from about 2oz to over 4 per sq yard.
Franco