Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
Heineken Pot Question
Display Avatars Sort By:
Nate Meinzer
(Rezniem) - F

Locale: San Francisco
Heineken Pot Question on 01/31/2009 19:22:18 MST Print View

Is there any reason to cut the lid off a Heineken can when making a pot? If one just wishes to boil water, wouldn't it be easier to just use the drinking opening to pour the water in/out rather than making a lid?

Just curious...

todd harper
(funnymoney) - MLife

Locale: Sunshine State
Re: Heineken Pot Question on 01/31/2009 20:09:49 MST Print View

Nate,

I've done that w/the 12oz Heine keg cans. Works fine, It's just that it's hard / impossible to clean in the field, especially if using as a mug for hot chocolate, coffee, etc.

Todd

jeremy adley
(jeremyadley) - F

Locale: Maine
Heineken Pot Question on 02/03/2009 09:40:35 MST Print View

If you chose to remove the lid you can store other pieces of your cooking system in the can.

Also with the lid removed it is easier for me to "eyeball" different volumes of water.

Jeremy

Chad Mason
(porch13) - M

Locale: Arizona
Heineken Pot Question on 02/03/2009 09:57:13 MST Print View

I use a heini pot with the removable lid. When not in use, I store my stove (MBD Nion 3), potstand (hardware cloth), windscreen (BPL Ti), lighter (mini-bic), and small piece of camp towel (fancy paper towel) in it. Then I store the pot in my cozy that I bought from freezerbagcooking.com. The cozy is padded and helps to protect the can. It's a really nice light & compact system.....and I'll continue to say that right up until the time that the BPA (or whatever it is in the can liner) kills me.

te - wa
(mikeinfhaz) - F

Locale: Phoenix
heiny pot/can on 02/03/2009 09:59:42 MST Print View

then again, if you take a full Heiny can to camp, you can quickly empty it and go about your business (just a little "happier")