Forum Index » Chaff » BPL Product Picture - what are those items?

Display Avatars Sort By:
Unknown abc
(edude) - F
BPL Product Picture - what are those items? on 01/30/2009 11:37:39 MST Print View

I am willing to bet the dude in this picture

http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/merino_ul_ls_shirt.html

is using:

1.Backpacking Light Merino UL Shirt (Long-Sleeve) DUH!!!

2.Six Moons Designs Refuge X

3.BPL Pro 60 or 90 quilt

and I can't tell what trekking poles he's using.

I guessed all this without even doing any research, and that goes to show you how obsessed I am that I am able to identify specific products from specific manufacturers!

Sam Haraldson
(sharalds) - MLife

Locale: Gallatin Range
BPL Product Picture - what are those items? on 01/30/2009 12:13:31 MST Print View

>...the dude in this picture

Bill S.

> Merino UL Shirt

Yes.

>Six Moons Designs Refuge X

No. Prototype Oware cuben Alphamini.

> BPL Pro 60 or 90 quilt

Backpacking Light UL Quilt, yes. Could be 90 or 180.

>I can't tell what trekking poles he's using.

Nor can I.

Unknown abc
(edude) - F
"BPL Product Picture - what are those items?" on 01/30/2009 12:19:26 MST Print View

WOW, Sam!

You are clearly more of a gearhead and gear geek than I!

Lynn Tramper
(retropump) - F

Locale: The Antipodes of La Coruna
Re: "BPL Product Picture - what are those items?" on 02/01/2009 14:22:48 MST Print View

Yeah, those poles are a toughy. The merino shirt was a good guess!

Sean Walashek
(caraz) - F

Locale: bay area
black diamond on 02/03/2009 00:03:35 MST Print View

The gold is the same color black diamond uses in a lot of climbing gear.

Jason Brinkman
(jbrinkmanboi) - MLife

Locale: Idaho
Re: "BPL Product Picture - what are those items?" on 02/03/2009 01:12:19 MST Print View

I would guess the poles are a prototype, or perhaps some that aren't marketed in the States currently. Sometimes BPL will do that, like the bamboo poles they reviewed a while back (are you listening Doug?). I would say that the orange is BPL-orange like in the logo. Probably made of carbon (is there any other kind?). Looks like they're of Komperdell manufacture (twistlocks and length markings).

Franco Darioli
(Franco) - M

Locale: Melbourne
BPL Product Picture - what are those items? on 02/04/2009 00:36:57 MST Print View

It appears to have two identical sections and an extension , so not a trekking pole but a tent pole for a pyramid tent. Not one that I know.
Franco