Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
Problem with aquamira tablets
Display Avatars Sort By:
Anton Koliev
(abk2006) - F

Locale: Ukraine
Problem with aquamira tablets on 01/28/2009 22:47:41 MST Print View

I got some kind of problem with Aquamira water purification tablets. I get several packs from ebay (24 tablet pack) and use 12 tablets on last trail. When I start preparing for my current adventure, I notice, that remaining 12 tablets start smelling as well as was destroyed into powder. Well, I dispose them into my waste bin. Then I take other 4 packs and start checking them - all of them was yet sealed and never opened. But, they also turn into powder!
Does anyone experience similar problems with this tablets? What may cause that?
I'm just glad, that I check them before travelling and not in the field.
Also, it's was pity to throw 70$ into bin.

John S.
(jshann) - F
Re: Problem with aquamira tablets on 01/29/2009 07:33:05 MST Print View

Complain to the company and demand a refund or replacement. The Potable Aqua tablets were bad like that for me too. I only now use Katadyn Micropur MP1 tablets which seem alot more "durable".

Anton Koliev
(abk2006) - F

Locale: Ukraine
Re: Re: Problem with aquamira tablets on 01/29/2009 18:54:05 MST Print View

I will be glad to act this way, but, from my past experience,US companies mostly ignore complaints from customers, located outside of US or European Union. I believe, that it will be cheaper for me to throw them into waste, since I will be required to pay outgoing customs taxes just for returning of dead merchadise here, even if they will approve me for returning of their tablets.
I hope, that this money will go for improvement of their technology.