Forum Index » GEAR » GoLite Ultra 20 Quilt? Discontinued?

Display Avatars Sort By:
Tony Wong
(Valshar) - MLife

Locale: San Francisco Bay Area
GoLite Ultra 20 Quilt? Discontinued? on 01/28/2009 17:26:14 MST Print View

I was checking out the GoLite site to get some information on their quilt and it is no longer listed there.

Does anyone know if they have discontinued this product or are they simply updating it for a future release?

-Tony

Greg Mihalik
(greg23) - M

Locale: Colorado
Re: GoLite Ultra 20 Quilt? Discontinued? on 01/28/2009 18:00:16 MST Print View

Tony,
I was in contact with Golite about 3 weeks ago via e-mail and was told new Ultra 20 will be here around the first of April. Don't know what changes may be in store. I do know that there are a number of sites still selling the '08s.

Tony Wong
(Valshar) - MLife

Locale: San Francisco Bay Area
Re: Re: GoLite Ultra 20 Quilt? Discontinued? on 01/28/2009 18:58:57 MST Print View

No kidding....selling it for cheap!

Think that I saw $179.00 at one online store.

The temptation, the temptation...hehhehe.

-Tony

Joe Clement
(skinewmexico) - MLife

Locale: Southwest
Ultra 20 on 01/28/2009 19:03:25 MST Print View

I talked to GoLite a few weeks ago, and they told me the new ones would be in in February. I saw one at a store for $179, but I was afraid it was the one I had already bought, and returned to that online store.

Phil Brown
(pbrown19)

Locale: Traverse City MI
Re: Re: Re: GoLite Ultra 20 Quilt? Discontinued? on 01/28/2009 19:37:12 MST Print View

I found one for $115 shipped last month. Didn't really need a quilt but for that price I kind of had to.

Edited by pbrown19 on 01/28/2009 19:39:35 MST.

Piper S.
(sbhikes) - F

Locale: Santa Barbara (Name: Diane)
I love mine on 01/28/2009 20:06:52 MST Print View

I love my golite quit. I'm happy to hear they'll keep making it. I show it off and recommend it to everyone.

Joe Clement
(skinewmexico) - MLife

Locale: Southwest
GoLite on 01/28/2009 20:49:56 MST Print View

I sent mine back because it seemed way underfilled on top, and overfilled on the sides. Maybe there was some way to move it, I don't know. I'm going to try another one some time.

Piper S.
(sbhikes) - F

Locale: Santa Barbara (Name: Diane)
Moving the fill on 01/28/2009 21:09:03 MST Print View

I shake mine out every night before I sleep in it. Just hold the edges and shake and all the down moves to the top and fluffs up.

Jared Cook
(rooinater) - F

Locale: Northwet
not discontinued on 01/28/2009 21:39:43 MST Print View

i talked to them last week and they said the 2009 model will be out in febuary time frame. with some reinforcements on the plastic clips and some other really small detail.

Stuart Armstrong
(strong806) - F

Locale: Near the AT
Re: GL U20 on 01/29/2009 12:09:55 MST Print View

Any word on price?

I'm glad to see the straps will be redesigned, that seems to be the biggest complaint.

I'm in the market for one and will likely have to decided between 08 and 09.

Edited by strong806 on 01/30/2009 00:48:08 MST.

Jared Cook
(rooinater) - F

GoLite Ultra 20 Quilt? Discontinued? on 01/29/2009 23:53:43 MST Print View

they didn't say anything about a price hike... but their jam2 packs went up nearly $25 along with gaining a few ounces... luckily i got my jam2 on the rei clearance for 50% off. I'm waiting to decide whether i'll buy the '08 or '09 golite ultra 20 quilt. I want to find out if REI can special order one so that i could use my dividend to cut the price down. i know i spent more there this year, so maybe i'll save a buck or 2... Hopefully the price doesn't go up.

Edited by rooinater on 01/29/2009 23:54:24 MST.

David Rowenhorst
(row435) - MLife

Locale: Mid Atlantic
Re: GoLite Ultra 20 Quilt? Discontinued? on 01/30/2009 07:52:55 MST Print View

I was able to use my REI dividend last year on the 08 ultra.

Jared Cook
(rooinater) - F

Re: Re: GoLite Ultra 20 Quilt? Discontinued? on 01/30/2009 08:49:53 MST Print View

special ordered or did they actually carry them last year? thanks

Jared Cook
(rooinater) - F

Re: Re: Re: GoLite Ultra 20 Quilt? Discontinued? on 01/30/2009 21:06:44 MST Print View

confirmed with rei that i can use my dividend on special order items, golite is on their special order list, but golite has to have the item in stock which won't be for another month at minimum.

Dennis Hiorns
(hanson)

Locale: Michigan
GoLite Ultra 20 in stock on 01/31/2009 05:34:21 MST Print View

I was just on GoLite's website and the Ultra 20 is back in stock again (it wasn't a few days before). But I don't know what year model it is...

Jared Cook
(rooinater) - F

GoLite Ultra 20 Quilt? Discontinued on 01/31/2009 12:52:13 MST Print View

not sure which year model, but the only sizes listed are the long and short. the regular is not in stock, which makes me think that those are either still last years or they haven't gotten the regulars in stock yet for 2009. i could possibly make the small work... but i'd rather have the correct size.

Mark McLauchlin
(markmclauchlin) - MLife

Locale: Western Australia
Re: GoLite Ultra 20 Quilt? Discontinued on 03/17/2009 05:46:17 MDT Print View

SO from reading this post would it be safe to say that most of you are happy with your Golite Ultra 20?

I currently have a Ray Jardine Quilt, and while more than happy with concept of a quilt im not all that happy with the lacak of compression (its rather big) and didnt feel that it was as warm as I expected, I would hate to take it into the snow with me. Not that there is any where I live (Western Australia)

Cheers

C Nugget
(nuggetwn)

Locale: Pacific Northwest
Yes, GoLite Ultra 20 Quilt is DISCONTINUED and GONE on 12/04/2012 18:23:32 MST Print View

I bought my first quilt earlier this year. While working on a detailed gear list I looked for the related quilt page reference on GoLite... nothing to be found... Curious, I opened a chat. Did I miss an email notice for this end-of-the-line CLEARANCE? Somehow, I thought that these quilts would always just be... THERE(even if out-of-stock or on-clearance for next year's stock).

Brian via GoLite chat:

"We have sold out of the Quilts in both 1 and 3 season options regular and long sizes...
We have discontinued the UltraLite series of quilts and next season will produce a 30F quilt in our Z-Series."

When asked why:

"We update products about every three or four years. Sometimes they are just ready for an
overhaul... The Z-Series will be a lighter option. We will only produce the one temp rating in that series, though."

For better or for worse, I am still a little sad to see these quilts go.

Sigh

Dan Durston
(dandydan) - M

Locale: Cascadia
Z Series on 12/04/2012 18:55:00 MST Print View

It'll be interesting to see the info on the Z series. It sounds weird that it's only going to be offered in one temperature rating though. On the current Adrenaline 4-season bag (0 F rated) it says they're all gone, but to look for the new Z series in the spring. If the Z series is only coming in one temp rating then it'll hardly be a replacement for these 0 F bags. Hopefully there's more to this.