WTB: Gear
Display Avatars Sort By:
Michael Chudzinski
(oknowa) - F
WTB: Gear on 01/27/2009 18:21:15 MST Print View

Hello All,

My son just returned home from a trip,without his gear ! Seems someone needed it more than him ! He had it in the back of his truck while he went in to pay for gas. In the few minutes he was in the store someone ripped it off.

Really sucks. I just outfitted him with some of my old gear,but a NEW Montbell bag and a new ULA pack were stolen. I still have OLD gear(1970s-80s) that he can use,but no pack or bag. This is frustrating to say the least.

To the point,I am looking for a pack size large/long at least 45 liters. Other than that nothing else matters.

Also looking for a sleeping bag or quilt. Needs to fit someone at least 6'. Down is preferable,but not essential. The wider the better.Temp rating is not critical,he has plenty of clothes.

I have a tarp for him,but a tent is also needed.

If you folks have anything used and abused I would be willing to fix it up,so please feel free to list ANYTHING you want to sell.

I just fixed up an old sewing machine,and I have nylon. I have more time than money,so I am willing to tackle any project to get Junior back on the trail.

I would love to just buy new gear again,but that is not feasible right now.

Please PM me or you can also e-mail me at onowa90@yahoo.com

Thanks

cary bertoncini
(cbert) - F

Locale: N. California
old bag or possibly a down bag... on 01/27/2009 19:09:13 MST Print View

i have an old rei synthetic bag - it's not ultralight & it's lost loft, but it's probably still okay down to high 30s or low 40s on its own (was originally labeled 15 degree but i'd say that was optimistic - probably 20's somewhere or maybe 30 to begin with)

it's a 6' bag & about 2.5 lbs if memory serves - under 3 for sure

that for say $20 plus ship (where are you - i'm in sacramento) might be worth it if you are trying to go cheap

i have a down 30 degree exped that can also be worn as a bulky vest (has arm holes, pockets) - it's right around 2 lbs, but i'd want more like $120 plus ship for that - it's in pretty good shape, only used a few times

todd harper
(funnymoney) - MLife

Locale: Sunshine State
Re: WTB: Gear on 01/27/2009 19:59:58 MST Print View

PM sent on sleeping bag