Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
FS: Black Diamond Firstlight
Display Avatars Sort By:
David Neumann
(idahomtman) - M

Locale: Northern Idaho
FS: Black Diamond Firstlight on 01/23/2009 23:00:26 MST Print View

A compact two-person, four-season tent built for weight-conscious climbers and lightweight backpackers, the Firstlight is based on the I-Tent’s expedition-specific design with steep walls and a simple floor shape to optimize living space and increase headroom. For durability, all seams are double sewn and the stress points are reinforced. With two equal length DAC Featherlite poles that fit inside the tent with hook-and-loop wraps, it’s easy to set up—even from inside. For cross ventilation, both the small rear window and the door are covered with no-see-um mesh. The canopy is constructed with water resistant, breathable Epic fabric. For interior organization, the Firstlight has two interior net pockets. Retails for $299.

Also Fibraplex carbon tent poles custom made for Firstlight. Saves 5.8 ounces. $128 original cost.

BD custom ground cloth, retails for $34.95.

Seam sealed, used four nights. Tent and original poles (slightly stronger) 2 lbs. 11 oz. Tent and Fibraplex poles - 2 lb 5 oz.

Vestibule not included. Superior condition. $325 shipped to continental U.S. Serious inquiries only.BD Firstlight

Edited by idahomtman on 01/23/2009 23:02:46 MST.

David Neumann
(idahomtman) - M

Locale: Northern Idaho
FS: BD Firstlight (price reduced) on 01/29/2009 12:36:20 MST Print View

This tent is in exceptional condition having been used for four days only. As stated in my original post it includes the $128 Fibraplex poles which reduced the total weight by 5.8 ounces as well as the original poles which are slightly stronger and I would recommend for winter use. I will not sell any of these items separately but will sell it all for $275 CONUS.