Forum Index » Gear Swap » Hennessey Hammock ASym Tarp & Skeeter Beeter Pro Hammock

Display Avatars Sort By:
Jolly Green Giant
(regultr) - MLife

Locale: www.jolly-green-giant.blogspot.com
Hennessey Hammock ASym Tarp & Skeeter Beeter Pro Hammock on 01/05/2009 12:12:55 MST Print View

(Both items below were purchased in the summer of 2008).

I am selling the TARP/SHELTER (never used) from a Hennessey Hammock ASym for the Explorer Deluxe. (just the tarp). It has never been used or even unfolded.

I am also selling the Skeeter Beeter Pro hammock with mosquito netting from The Travel Hammock. I laid in it once, tinkered with it thinking I could make it better, and sat in it one more time until realizing I had no hope. Essentially I replaced the rope at either end with heavier stuff (no reason), and I sewed pull-outs on the side to make it work like a Hennsessey Hammock. As a result, I tore the smallest of holes in the mosquito netting before calling it quits. I have all the original stuff.

Most people wouldn't notice the hole and I have the factory rope and hook to replace it if that bothers anyone (you can have both either way).

Other than the smallest of tears in the mosquito netting and the fact that I sewed on the pull-out straps, both the tarp and hammock look brand new. They haven't even spent one night outside.

If you're interested, please PM me. I can only take cash or cashiers check/money order as otherwise I don't have a PayPal account.

And yes, if it doesn't sell here I will post it on the hammock forums.

Thanks.

starsea starsea
(starsea) - F
Re: Hennessey Hammock ASym Tarp & Skeeter Beeter Pro Hammock on 01/05/2009 17:36:10 MST Print View

How much?

Jolly Green Giant
(regultr) - MLife

Locale: www.jolly-green-giant.blogspot.com
Re: Re: Hennessey Hammock ASym Tarp & Skeeter Beeter Pro Hammock on 01/05/2009 17:49:30 MST Print View

How about $60 for both? If I don't get any offers for this amount - make an offer. This is either going to be sold or given away. The hammock was $80 new and I think the tarp was also $80 (although I could be wrong). Thanks for your interest.

Edited by regultr on 01/05/2009 17:51:20 MST.

Christopher Holden
(back2basics) - F - MLife

Locale: Southeast USA
Re: Hennessey Hammock ASym Tarp & Skeeter Beeter Pro Hammock on 01/05/2009 18:20:38 MST Print View

If these aren't working out for you, check out the Clark jungle hammocks. They're not as light, but mine is certainly comfortable. My only complaint is that I wish they would use a hot knife to cut the material as mine has frayed, but not to the point of trouble. It's just a thought for improvement in quality.

starsea starsea
(starsea) - F
Okay on 01/05/2009 18:21:57 MST Print View

Okay.