Forum Index » General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » A Real Personality Profile of a Lighweight Backpacker (instead of demographic sketch)

Display Avatars Sort By:
scri bbles
(scribbles) - F

Locale: Atlanta, GA
Re: INTP on 03/06/2009 13:36:13 MST Print View

INTP

Ken Thompson
(kthompson) - MLife

Locale: Behind the Redwood Curtain
Re: A Real Personality Profile of a Lighweight Backpacker (instead of demographic sketch) on 08/20/2011 23:00:56 MDT Print View

This was a fun thread. I am interested in how some of the new ones here score. Come on kids, let's see how your minds work.

I'm still an ISTJ

100/1/23/22

Take the test and share your results.

http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/JTypes3.asp

Edited by kthompson on 08/21/2011 08:07:52 MDT.

David Drake
(DavidDrake) - F - M

Locale: North Idaho
Re: Re: A Real Personality Profile of a Lighweight Backpacker (instead of demographic sketch) on 08/21/2011 00:29:58 MDT Print View

INTJ 44/62/25/11. Probably why BPL feels like a community of like minds to me.

Rodney OndaRock
(RodneyOndaRock) - F

Locale: Southern California
Re: Re: A Real Personality Profile of a Lighweight Backpacker (instead of demographic sketch) on 08/21/2011 00:49:23 MDT Print View

Dr Evil

spelt the enigmatic
(spelt) - F

Locale: SW/C PA
INFP/INTP on 08/21/2011 03:16:29 MDT Print View

About 3 times INFP and 1 time INTP for every time I've taken the Meyers-Briggs assessment. It's fairly accurate by my own judgement.

Ike Jutkowitz
(Ike) - M

Locale: Central Michigan
Another INTJ on 08/21/2011 06:28:24 MDT Print View

I was also bothered by the vagueness of certain questions and how I would answer differently with regard to work related vs personal issues. I took the test three times using alternate answers for those questions. I came back INTJ each time, though the percentages varied. Guess I really am one, if it wasn't already obvious from my need to "test" the test.

tommy d
(vinovampire) - F
Updated Percents on 08/21/2011 07:39:26 MDT Print View

Jung Test Results

Figure. Percent of Jung Types on BPL (9:35AM EST on August 21, 2011)

John Frederick Anderson
(fredfoto) - F

Locale: Spain
A Real Personality Profile of a Lighweight Backpacker (instead of demographic sketch on 08/21/2011 08:12:51 MDT Print View

Your Type is
ENFP
Extraverted Intuitive Feeling Perceiving
Strength of the preferences %
22 50 62 22

Qualitative analysis of your type formula

You are:
slightly expressed extravert
moderately expressed intuitive personality
distinctively expressed feeling personality
slightly expressed perceiving personality

This is about right for me. I am a Champion.

With regards to hiking, I don't really like wandering about on my own for too long, and love meeting people on the trail and making trail buddies for. Few days at a time.

Great thread

Fred

spelt the enigmatic
(spelt) - F

Locale: SW/C PA
Re: Updated Percents on 08/21/2011 08:43:18 MDT Print View

It doesn't surprise me that INTJ is "winning"; I studied to be an engineer and the atmosphere here is very familiar ;) but I'm surprised it's outpaced the others by so much.

Bob Bankhead
(wandering_bob) - MLife

Locale: Oregon, USA
A Real Personality Profile of a Lighweight Backpacker on 08/21/2011 09:20:32 MDT Print View

INTJ

I 67
N 50
T 25
J 44

The % may have changed over the last 30 years, but I've always scored a solid INTJ every time I've taken the MB tests.

I'm a retired Quality Assurance Manager/Engineer/Food Scientist.

Jennifer McFarlane
(JennyMcFarlane) - MLife

Yet another INTJ on 08/21/2011 11:03:08 MDT Print View

Relatively new here- about a year

Joslyn Bloodworth
(JoslynB) - F

Locale: Southwest
Seeing a trend here... on 08/21/2011 13:29:53 MDT Print View

So not wanting to break the overall trend here, I'm of course a INTJ. It's actually something that goes back and fourth with INFJ, but I think that has to do with the fact that I'm really passionate about my thinking side and I definitely have an artistic streak, though science is my first true love.

Introverted - 78
Intuitive - 38
Thinking - 38
Judging - 78

I think it's interesting that the biggest single result I'm seeing in other posts is Introvert. I think that says something significant about UL backpackers if not Backpackers in general. I'm gonna have to think about that...

Barry Cuthbert
(nzbazza) - MLife

Locale: New Zealand
INTP on 08/21/2011 16:15:54 MDT Print View

Your Type is
INTP

Introverted 56
Intuitive 12
Thinking 75
Perceiving 78

I tried the test 4 times over the past day or so with 3 INTP results, all with fairly similar percentages. The other result was a ISTP.

ISTP
Introverted 56
Sensing 12
Thinking 75
Perceiving 78

I wonder how many people answered yes for Q68: You get pleasure from solitary walks.

Elizabeth Tracy
(mariposa) - M

Locale: Outside
INFP on 08/21/2011 18:39:51 MDT Print View

INFP's are only 1% of the general population, but according to the graph they seem to be more common here. (Basically, an INFP is an impossible idealist.)

Rodney OndaRock
(RodneyOndaRock) - F

Comedy on 08/22/2011 23:21:04 MDT Print View

I shared the stats with the Mrs who has academic training in psychology and is a gift shop dweller at national parks instead of the real outdoors.

She said: of course they are introverts. These are people who want to get away From everyone.

Comedy.
She doesn't get the outdoors. Or is it that simple?

Edited by RodneyOndaRock on 08/22/2011 23:24:59 MDT.

Ryan C
(radio_guy) - MLife

Locale: OH & AK
INTJ on 08/23/2011 00:32:06 MDT Print View

Took the test a while ago a few times and am a solid INTJ. People always gave me a hard time about how I am the way I am. That one psychology class in college did more good for me than I could ever imagine. Learning more about my ...er... OUR personality type and how we are perceived made me feel much better.

Nice to see I am not "alone" and that a great majority of us BPLrs are similar in this regard.

Scott Truong
(elf773)

Locale: Vancouver, BC
RE: A Real Personality Profile of a Lighweight Backpacker (instead of demographic sketch) on 08/23/2011 01:48:25 MDT Print View

Took the test 3 times about 3 years apart. Everytime an INTJ.

This site drew me in like a moth to a flame. Now I know why.

Must be the liking systems thing and that line in "Barfly" when Mickey Rourke says to Faye Dunaway: "I don't hate people... sometimes I feel better when they're not around."

Dean F.
(acrosome) - MLife

Locale: Back in the Front Range
INTJ on 08/23/2011 04:01:19 MDT Print View

I 72%
N 62%
T 62%
J 11%

Aka, "Mastermind"! Which I find incredibly amusing. However, I am offended at being categorized with Ayn Rand.

And, sure enough- I'm in natural sciences.

Given my low rating in J, I think that I would be best described as an INTJ/INTP hybrid- which actually makes sense and is quite possible if you understand how such personality testing works. With those high scores in INT there is no doubt that I'm a "Rational" but, frankly, the TypeLogic description of INTP "Architect" sounds much closer to me than the INTJ "Mastermind". I also seem to remember scoring that way the last time I took this test, decades ago.

Edited by acrosome on 08/23/2011 07:16:01 MDT.

Ron D
(dillonr) - MLife

Locale: Colorado
INTP on 08/23/2011 08:50:24 MDT Print View

I've consistently tested as INTP over the last 25 years.

d k
(dkramalc) - MLife
re: personality profile on 08/23/2011 08:51:09 MDT Print View

ISFJ

Introverted Sensing Feeling Judging

56 25 12 56