Forum Index » Gear Swap » For Sale: Gatewood Cape + Serenity NetTent

Display Avatars Sort By:
John Carter
(jcarter1)

Locale: Pacific Northwest
For Sale: Gatewood Cape + Serenity NetTent on 12/03/2008 12:44:40 MST Print View

I'm selling a 2008 Gatewood cape that has never been used or seam sealed (purchased in August for a trip I cancelled), and a Serenity NetTent that has been used once (with a groundsheet). Both are in new condition.

Current retail for both tents is $255; I'll sell them both for $180. I'm wimping out and getting a TT Rainbow (I'm 6'2" and want more room for long rainy PNW days), and $180 is what I need to buy a Rainbow. =)

todd harper
(funnymoney) - MLife

Locale: Sunshine State
Re: For Sale: Gatewood Cape + Serenity NetTent on 12/03/2008 21:04:30 MST Print View

How cramped was the Serenity? I'm just under 6'2". Did you touch at either end?

Thanks, Todd

John Carter
(jcarter1)

Re: For Sale: Gatewood Cape + Serenity NetTent on 12/04/2008 01:13:13 MST Print View

I don't want to give anyone the wrong impression with my sale; Ron has made a great product, and I can fit in the NetTent without touching the ends. When pitched with at least 6" the Gatewood is far enough from my head and feet that I feel comfortable. For me I just feel a bit cramped when sitting up, as there is no room to do much but stay in one place. But that's not a criticism of the tent, just of my camping preferences.

Todd, to answer your question more specifically, I like to drape my arms to my sides when I sleep on my back, and when I do that, I definitely bump my arms up against the netting. So if this is how you sleep, then it may be a bit tight for you. You definitely do give up some interior space by using the NetTent in the Gatewood, but that's the price you pay for using a poncho (i.e. the Lunar Solo would feel roomier but at the cost of 3-5oz plus carrying a rain jacket).

Edited by jcarter1 on 12/04/2008 01:14:30 MST.

John Carter
(jcarter1)

Gatewood and Serenity sold on 12/04/2008 15:36:42 MST Print View

Gatewood and Serenity sold.

-John