November 20, 2015 8:16 PM MST - Subscription purchasing, account maintenance, forum profile maintenance, new account registration, and forum posting have been disabled
as we prepare our databases for the final migration to our new server next week. Stay tuned here for more details.
Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
For Sale: Gatewood Cape + Serenity NetTent
Display Avatars Sort By:
John Carter

Locale: Pacific Northwest
For Sale: Gatewood Cape + Serenity NetTent on 12/03/2008 12:44:40 MST Print View

I'm selling a 2008 Gatewood cape that has never been used or seam sealed (purchased in August for a trip I cancelled), and a Serenity NetTent that has been used once (with a groundsheet). Both are in new condition.

Current retail for both tents is $255; I'll sell them both for $180. I'm wimping out and getting a TT Rainbow (I'm 6'2" and want more room for long rainy PNW days), and $180 is what I need to buy a Rainbow. =)

todd h
(funnymoney) - MLife

Locale: SE
Re: For Sale: Gatewood Cape + Serenity NetTent on 12/03/2008 21:04:30 MST Print View

How cramped was the Serenity? I'm just under 6'2". Did you touch at either end?

Thanks, Todd

John Carter

Re: For Sale: Gatewood Cape + Serenity NetTent on 12/04/2008 01:13:13 MST Print View

I don't want to give anyone the wrong impression with my sale; Ron has made a great product, and I can fit in the NetTent without touching the ends. When pitched with at least 6" the Gatewood is far enough from my head and feet that I feel comfortable. For me I just feel a bit cramped when sitting up, as there is no room to do much but stay in one place. But that's not a criticism of the tent, just of my camping preferences.

Todd, to answer your question more specifically, I like to drape my arms to my sides when I sleep on my back, and when I do that, I definitely bump my arms up against the netting. So if this is how you sleep, then it may be a bit tight for you. You definitely do give up some interior space by using the NetTent in the Gatewood, but that's the price you pay for using a poncho (i.e. the Lunar Solo would feel roomier but at the cost of 3-5oz plus carrying a rain jacket).

Edited by jcarter1 on 12/04/2008 01:14:30 MST.

John Carter

Gatewood and Serenity sold on 12/04/2008 15:36:42 MST Print View

Gatewood and Serenity sold.