November 20, 2015 8:16 PM MST - Subscription purchasing, account maintenance, forum profile maintenance, new account registration, and forum posting have been disabled
as we prepare our databases for the final migration to our new server next week. Stay tuned here for more details.
Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
Aqua Mira
Display Avatars Sort By:
Richard Nelridge
(naturephoto1) - M

Locale: Eastern Pennsylvania
Aqua Mira on 01/23/2005 12:49:19 MST Print View

When using Aqua Mira for water treatment, how do you remove sediment and particulates if you don't use a supplemental mechanical or in-line filter system?

Edited by naturephoto1 on 01/23/2005 12:50:30 MST.

David Reid
(DavidR) - F
Aqua Mira on 01/23/2005 13:09:27 MST Print View

I use a Sweetwater Siltstopper inline. Works pretty well and does not hinder the water flow.

Ken Helwig
(kennyhel77) - MLife

Locale: Scotts Valley CA via San Jose, CA
aqua mira on 01/23/2005 13:27:14 MST Print View

Aqua Mira now comes with a tiny mesh filter that fits conviently over the mouth of a Platypus Resevoir. The mesh filter is fine enough in the webbing that it will take out paticles an such. I too had some reservations at first with no way of filtering the little things until that was introduced. I use a Sechle in line for my hydration while hiking and for in camp purposes I use Aqua Mira because I have plenty of time to wait for the chemicals to activate. Hope that helps.