Forum Index » Editor's Roundtable » Podcast: Journey on the Wild Coast - Maintaining Health and Preventing Injury during Months of Outdoor Living and Travel

Display Avatars Sort By:
Addie Bedford
(addiebedford) - MLife

Locale: Montana
Podcast: Journey on the Wild Coast - Maintaining Health and Preventing Injury during Months of Outdoor Living and Travel on 11/11/2008 14:18:16 MST Print View

Companion forum thread to:

Podcast: Journey on the Wild Coast - Maintaining Health and Preventing Injury during Months of Outdoor Living and Travel

Jay Wilkerson
(Creachen) - MLife

Locale: East Bay
Podcast-Wild Coast on 11/12/2008 12:44:08 MST Print View

Interesting report, many lessons to be learned and use your #1 item in your First-Aid Kit your BRAIN.

Edited by Creachen on 11/12/2008 14:15:36 MST.

Chad Miller
(chadnsc)

Locale: Duluth, Minnesota
Relyance on others on 11/12/2008 14:08:14 MST Print View

and a RESCUE LOCATOR.

Jerry Cagle
(xclimber) - MLife

Locale: Southwest
Good 'un on 11/12/2008 19:08:15 MST Print View

This was a good show. Much better than the "newlywed game". Carol you are a wonderful moderator, however, I am beginning to think that Hig and Erin are the only thing happening in the world of lightweight backpacking. Thanks to Ibex for sponsoring.

Addie Bedford
(addiebedford) - MLife

Locale: Montana
More podcasts... on 11/13/2008 09:14:22 MST Print View

Well, there's packrafting too...

Stay tuned - we've got podcasts scheduled through April!

Tyeen Taylor
(TyMaz) - F

Locale: Alaska
Dissatisfied on 11/14/2008 00:20:34 MST Print View

I'm sorry, but I was not impressed AT ALL by the interviewer's style or the content she decided to focus on! These people are obviously on a highly adventurous trip, and yet the interviewer seemed to be scared by their endeavors most of the time! I strongly feel that Backpacking Light should think more carefully about the strength of the content they put out (even if it is free!). The quality of the written content in the magazine is of a much higher caliber. The questions that the interviewer posed really didn't lead to interesting or relevant information for people planning similar trips - I mean, who cares what kind of toothpaste they took or how often they floss?!!! Here are some things I would have liked to know: details of their nutrition and hydration systems, and how to keep them light, and efficient, perhaps any first aid qualifications and experience either of them has...

Jay Wilkerson
(Creachen) - MLife

Locale: East Bay
Podcast Wild Coast on 11/14/2008 00:33:16 MST Print View

Well said!!! Now what?