Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
FS: Bozeman Mountain Works' Lazr Titanium Stakes - 6 pack
Display Avatars Sort By:
BRIAN BOLIN
(OBOZ) - F

Locale: OVER YONDER'
FS: Bozeman Mountain Works' Lazr Titanium Stakes - 6 pack on 10/23/2008 17:33:28 MDT Print View

I've only used these stakes once and they are mint.

lasr stakes

$15 includes ship in CONUS
I take PayPal

Specs:

A coating titanium tent stakes with Hi-Visibility Orange that is far more durable than any sort of painting. The technology creates a durable mechanical bond that prevents the coating from flaking or chipping off the titanium surface of the tent stakes. The result: Bozeman Mountain Works' Lazr Titanium Stakes

How Durable is the Coating on Hi-Vis Titanium Tent Stakes?

This coating is durable enough that it will not passively chip, flake, or wear thin if subjected to normal forest soil abrasion. Pounding on the head of the tent stake, of course, will cause the coating on that part of the stake to wear down to the titanium surface. Likewise, as the shaft of the tent stake is subjected to abrasion against objects which have a hardness greater than H/HB (rocks, consolidated sand and gravel, etc.), the coating of the shaft will wear. However, the amount of field use required to wear the coating to the point that it no longer functions (that is, provides the visibility you need to find your tent stakes) probably exceeds the useful lifetime of either your tent stake or the shelter which you are staking down! Our goal in this design is simply to provide a long-lasting coating that retains the hi-vis nature of the tent stake during normal field use - while adding less than 1/100th of an ounce to the tent stake weight.

Features:

Dimensions (length x dia): 6.4 x .13 in (16.3 cm x 3.4 mm)
Weight: .217 oz (6.15 g) each
Specifications:

Coating Hardness: H to HB
Coating Color: Hi-Vis "Flame" Orange

Edited by OBOZ on 10/23/2008 17:34:07 MDT.

Tom Caldwell
(Coldspring) - F

Locale: Ozarks
BMW Lazr Stakes Bright Orange on 10/23/2008 17:47:35 MDT Print View

I'll never have another stake that isn't brightly colored. While removing one of these, the last time I was camping, I accidentally slingshotted one through the air with my Jacks 'R' Better Self-Tensioning Lines. I looked and looked, but finally gave up. After I had packed up and was walking away from the campsite, I spotted it, amongst the leaf litter, a considerable distance away from the point of origin. You CAN find a needle in a haystack.

BRIAN BOLIN
(OBOZ) - F

LOL - same reason on 10/23/2008 18:05:36 MDT Print View

I sware this is the exact reason why I am letting these go.My Hennessy side tie out (elastic cord) slung my stake and I went on a hunt. Found it thanks to the orange color.

Edited by OBOZ on 10/23/2008 18:06:08 MDT.

Roger Caffin
(rcaffin) - BPL Staff - MLife

Locale: Wollemi & Kosciusko NPs, Europe
Ti stakes - consumables! on 10/23/2008 18:09:57 MDT Print View

Similar stories, for sure.
I now, reluctantly, regard these as 'consumables'. Sigh.

Cheers

Pamela Wyant
(RiverRunner) - F - M
Re: FS: Bozeman Mountain Works' Lazr Titanium Stakes - 6 pack on 10/23/2008 18:26:50 MDT Print View

I'm interested Brian. How do I contact you?

Pam

BRIAN BOLIN
(OBOZ) - F

Email replied on 10/23/2008 18:29:55 MDT Print View

Email replied

Edited by OBOZ on 10/23/2008 18:40:13 MDT.

Tony Fleming
(TonyFleming) - MLife

Locale: Midwest
Next in line on 10/23/2008 18:43:38 MDT Print View

Brian,

If the deal with Pamela doesn't work out, I'll swap you for some brand new Lazr Hi-Vis Titanium NAIL Tent Stake (6-Pack) or pay the 15 bucks. I prefer the hooks.

Tony

fleming1913(at)comcast(dot)net or PM me

BRIAN BOLIN
(OBOZ) - F

gotcha on 10/23/2008 18:49:25 MDT Print View

Next in line Tony

Edited by OBOZ on 10/23/2008 18:50:07 MDT.

Pamela Wyant
(RiverRunner) - F - M
Paypal sent on 10/23/2008 19:04:01 MDT Print View

Thanks Brian. Paypal has been sent.

BRIAN BOLIN
(OBOZ) - F

Sold on 10/23/2008 19:09:58 MDT Print View

Thank you :)

Edited by OBOZ on 10/23/2008 19:10:28 MDT.

Pamela Wyant
(RiverRunner) - F - M
Arrived on 10/27/2008 15:37:49 MDT Print View

The stakes arrived today, and as advertised are in great condition. Thank you Brian.

Pam