Forum Index » Gear Swap » Warmlite-Price TEST ONLY

Display Avatars Sort By:
Ashley Brown
(ashleyb) - F
Re: Re: Warmlite-Price TEST ONLY on 10/21/2008 05:46:46 MDT Print View

> I had thought this was a friendlier crowd than this

Tom, I can only see one "unfriendly" post out of all of those above. Most are either helpful suggestions or just having a giggle.

Peter Surna
(PedroArvy) - MLife

Locale: Melbourne
Lets get serious on 10/21/2008 05:58:17 MDT Print View

OK, I will attempt to answer the question.

Here are some others offers on this site:

http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/thread_display.html?forum_thread_id=12504

2R Stephenson Warmlite tent, grey, weighs 46 oz, includes upgrades of longer zip on door and wind stabilizers. Used about a dozen times, in excellent condition. I don't need something that big for just me. New $530, asking $200.

Dave U
(FamilyGuy) - F

Locale: Rockies
Warmlite-Price TEST ONLY on 10/21/2008 08:49:57 MDT Print View

Nm

Edited by FamilyGuy on 12/03/2013 18:06:39 MST.

Linsey Budden
(lollygag)

Locale: pugetropolis
What price to put on used gear... on 10/21/2008 10:02:12 MDT Print View

Okay, really I don't know but wanted to give it a shot. In the world of used car parts, good used is half the price of new. Of course in the realm of gear that has barely been tested/taken out very little or used only once and is still a current model, this pricing guideline hardly seems fair and should garner a higher price.

My opinion is that Ebay will generate the higher price albeit with more work (and less ever increasing commissions) and most Gear Swap sellers are taking some loss but passing on great gear to like-minded others, hopefully receiving great karma.

canyon steinzig
(canyon) - F

Locale: Nor Cal
Thanks on 10/21/2008 15:51:14 MDT Print View

Funny, I appreciate all of your advise about how to sell, how auction, what is right and what is not. You have really helped me out. And to anyone who saw fit to answer my simple question (what's it worth) a nod to you too. Lets end it.

Peter Surna
(PedroArvy) - MLife

This has to be made into the longest topic on this forum. on 10/21/2008 16:38:54 MDT Print View

I refuse to end this discussion.
This has to be made into the longest topic on this forum.

Richard Matthews
(food) - F

Locale: Colorado Rockies
Re: This has to be made into the longest topic on this forum. on 10/21/2008 17:01:04 MDT Print View

I have nothing to add. I am just trying to boost my ranking.

Where are emoticons when I need them?

My personal standards for selling items to our community are:

1. If it is a POS then I donate it to local thrift store.

2. If it is heavy but servicable then I donate it to the Boy Scouts.

3. If it is good gear but functionally obsolete because of the latest and greatest, then I price it 30 to 60 percent of the the replacement gear.

4. If it is good gear but did not fit my style then I price it 50 to 80 percent of original cost.

I make an effort to recycle, and that includes gear.

Ben 2 World
(ben2world) - MLife

Locale: So Cal
Re: This has to be made into the longest topic on this forum. on 10/21/2008 17:17:20 MDT Print View

I volunteered at a church thrift store once. They are always grateful to receive items in good condition -- don't have to be fancy by any means. However, we often dreaded Mondays because too many people dump their POS on our doorstep over the weekend. I spent many Monday mornings hauling POS to the municipal dump. :(

Just food for thought.

Dave U
(FamilyGuy) - F

Warmlite-Price TEST ONLY on 10/21/2008 17:49:39 MDT Print View

nm

Edited by FamilyGuy on 12/02/2013 17:41:01 MST.

canyon steinzig
(canyon) - F

Locale: Nor Cal
I'm keeping it-your all too mean for my warmlite on 10/22/2008 01:19:30 MDT Print View

It is awfully nice. It's a hard life whne you have a rainshadow, a shangri-la 3 and a warmlite. what does an ultralite consumer do??

Jim Sweeney
(swimjay) - MLife

Locale: Northern California
Warmlite 2x on 10/22/2008 01:29:03 MDT Print View

Never quite understood the x series. Stephenson was light years ahead of everyone (I think) in using silnylon, and more importantly in making a double wall, serious 4 season/climbing tent that didn't weigh a ton. But there are now any number of good single wall tents as light or lighter than any of the x series, but the r series are still contenders, though a bit large of footprint.

Troy Meadows
(LightWorker) - MLife

Locale: Sierra foothills
What does an ultra lite consumer do on 10/22/2008 01:33:01 MDT Print View

Get a custom tarp, a bivi,and a serenity shelter. Then you will almost be cought up to me except I don't have a warmlite... I'll give you 150 bucks for it. JK.

Ben 2 World
(ben2world) - MLife

Re: I'm keeping it-your all too mean for my warmlite on 10/22/2008 08:52:07 MDT Print View

No, we are not mean, we are just frugal.

And who the heck is that skinny naked guy sitting in the water hole? We have lady visitors here on this forum. The shame! :)

Edited by ben2world on 10/22/2008 08:53:51 MDT.

Dave U
(FamilyGuy) - F

Warmlite-Price TEST ONLY on 10/22/2008 09:00:30 MDT Print View

nm

Edited by FamilyGuy on 12/04/2013 15:03:36 MST.

Thom Darrah
(thomdarrah) - MLife

Locale: Southern Oregon
"Price TEST ONLY" on 10/22/2008 09:16:02 MDT Print View

I have multiple items of UL gear that I would like to sell for more then I paid for the items as new. All items are very used, dirty and in pour condition but I would like top dollar, please tell me how to go about this? :)

Edited by thomdarrah on 10/22/2008 09:22:26 MDT.

Rod Lawlor
(Rod_Lawlor) - MLife

Locale: Australia
Re: Re: I'm keeping it-your all too mean for my warmlite on 10/22/2008 13:32:23 MDT Print View

>And who the heck is that skinny naked guy sitting in the water hole?

Isn't he Roger's love-child? Or should I stop jumping to conclusions? :>)

Peter Surna
(PedroArvy) - MLife

2RS review on 10/22/2008 16:57:36 MDT Print View

I just reviewed this tent in the double wall shelters area here:

http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/reviews/display_reviews?forum_thread_id=924&cat=Shelters%20%2D%20Double%20Wall%20Tents&cid=17

Edited by PedroArvy on 10/22/2008 17:07:50 MDT.

Ben 2 World
(ben2world) - MLife

Re. Naked Guy Sitting in the Water Hole on 10/22/2008 17:18:11 MDT Print View

Who is this skinny naked guy sitting in the water hole?

He's Troy Meadows -- one of the nude models Warmlite hired to update their product brochure. But when the gang finished, they packed up -- tents, bags and clothes -- and left without him! Poor guy was found cold, lost, helpless...

But the updated brochure came out really nice!

Edited by ben2world on 10/22/2008 22:32:58 MDT.

Jay Wilkerson
(Creachen) - MLife

Locale: East Bay
Test Only on 10/22/2008 18:07:06 MDT Print View

NIICCEE!!!!!!! LOL

Edited by Creachen on 10/22/2008 18:11:14 MDT.

Troy Meadows
(LightWorker) - MLife

Locale: Sierra foothills
Naked guy in a watering hole on 10/22/2008 20:48:22 MDT Print View

Ben, that is hilarious.
The only thing you're wrong about is that the watering hole is actually a hot spring on the San Francisco River in New Mexico
So I wasn't very cold and I only had to wait about 5 hours after the shoot wrapped before a couple of hot hippy ladies showed up to share the tubs with me. All in all a very nice experience