Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
Who Sells Toggles ?
Display Avatars Sort By:
Greg Mihalik
(greg23) - M

Locale: Colorado
Who Sells Toggles ? on 10/09/2008 08:31:34 MDT Print View

I'm looking for the gizmos that are used to hold back netting, or a fly. Not a cord lock toggle.

They typically thread through a loop or a ring.

Montbell uses them as pad and pillow connectors.



Tad Englund
(bestbuilder) - F - MLife

Locale: Pacific Northwest
Re: Who Sells Toggles ? on 10/09/2008 08:40:52 MDT Print View

Seattle Fabrics-
Excellent assortment of things

A. B.
toggle on 10/09/2008 12:29:31 MDT Print View

Maybe I am not understanding the application correctly but my impression is that cord lock toggles are used for this purpose. The toggle allows you to adjust the length of your thread.

Vick Hines
(vickrhines) - F

Locale: Central Texas
Re: Who Sells Toggles ? on 10/09/2008 14:28:17 MDT Print View

Terminology glitch: There are 2 different uses for the word 'toggle': 1. spring loaded cordlocks for adjusting the length of a cord; and 2. short, stiff rods with cord attached in the middle which, when put through a loop of cord, webbing or elastic, hold things in place. That's what you are looking for, I think.

Sorry, I've never found them for sale, so I make them out of whatever is handy. 3/8" Lexan rods and 3/8" hardood dowels cut 1" long with a hole drilled in the middle have worked fine for me. You can go down to 1/4" if you use very small holes (and small cord). Just about anything will work, though - toothbrush handles, chopsticks, whatever.

A. B.
toggle on 10/09/2008 16:10:07 MDT Print View

So it's basically a button. Only elongated. Maybe a button store would have something like it.

You can use a spring lock toggle in the same manner.

Tim Marshall
(MarshLaw303) - MLife

Locale: Minnesota
Re: toggle on 10/09/2008 17:11:18 MDT Print View

couldn't a cord lock also be used in this way? It could be pushed through a webbing loop or small o ring and then it would hold the cord just like a non-adjusting toggle and you can adjust the length of cord too! I have used them like this and find it pretty hand, a best of both worlds type of deal.


Greg Mihalik
(greg23) - M

Locale: Colorado
Toggle on 10/09/2008 18:44:39 MDT Print View

I'm looking for Vick's definiton #2 - short rod......

Much easier to insert and remove than the blunt end of a cord lock.

I didn't find them at Seattle Fabric, but did send off an e-mail.