Forum Index » Make Your Own Gear » Where Can I Buy Silnylon to make stuff bag for my GG Sleeping Pad?

Display Avatars Sort By:
Tony Wong
(Valshar) - MLife

Locale: San Francisco Bay Area
Where Can I Buy Silnylon to make stuff bag for my GG Sleeping Pad? on 10/08/2008 20:29:44 MDT Print View

I just purchased a Gossamer Gear Torso Pad and Thin Light full length sleeping pad, and sit pad.

The foam pad is really "sticky"/difficult to slip into my Jam2 pack.

I was thinking of making a simple Silnylon cover bag with a draw string at the top to store the pads.

My thought is that the Silnylon would be much easier to slide into my Jam2 and to store things next to it.

Yes, it would add a few ounces to my setup, but I am going from a 1 lb 8 oz Prolight 4 to a pad that totals 7.5 ounces, so I don't mind a ounce or two for the convince of easy storage/packing.

Rough Measurements of the bag that I would need would be 22" High X 13" Wide X 6" Deep/Wide.

Any thoughts on this design and where I can buy Silnylon for this project?

P.S. This would be my first MYOG.

-Tony

David Wills
(willspower3) - F
Re: Where Can I Buy Silnylon to make stuff bag for my GG Sleeping Pad? on 10/08/2008 23:50:26 MDT Print View

owfinc.com

If its your first go at MYOG, you may want to get enough to make a few in case you mess up and maybe pick up some $1/yd stuff at walmart to prototype. You can always make stuff sacks if you have leftovers after success.

good luck

Tad Englund
(bestbuilder) - F - MLife

Locale: Pacific Northwest
Re: Where Can I Buy Silnylon to make stuff bag for my GG Sleeping Pad? on 10/09/2008 08:43:03 MDT Print View

Seattle Fabrics- http://www.seattlefabrics.com
Excellent assortment of things
206-525-0670

Tony Wong
(Valshar) - MLife

Locale: San Francisco Bay Area
Re: Where Can I Buy Silnylon to make stuff bag for my GG Sleeping Pad? on 10/09/2008 13:07:19 MDT Print View

David & Tad,

Thank you for taking the time to get back to me with the companies who sell fabric.

Good idea on building a protype with scraps.

Much appreciated!

-Tony

Edited by Valshar on 10/09/2008 13:07:59 MDT.

Tim Marshall
(MarshLaw303) - MLife

Locale: Minnesota
Re: Re: Where Can I Buy Silnylon to make stuff bag for my GG Sleeping Pad? on 10/11/2008 08:17:55 MDT Print View

OWFINC.com has cheapest price on sil 2nds. I also think their 2nds are the best around.

-Tim