Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
welded stainless steel mesh
Display Avatars Sort By:
Jim Colten
(jcolten) - M

Locale: MN
welded stainless steel mesh on 11/11/2005 13:18:42 MST Print View

I'm not finding sources of "welded stainless steel mesh" in small to moderate quantities. Anyone out there know of any.

This is basically "hardware cloth on steroids" .... it's been used for pot stands and I think it'd be sturdier than hardware cloth when used with some of the hotter burning stoves folks are making

Bill Fornshell
(bfornshell) - MLife

Locale: Southern Texas
Stainless Steel Mesh on 11/11/2005 13:41:57 MST Print View

Jim asked about:
===============================
"I'm not finding sources of "welded stainless steel mesh" in small to moderate quantities. Anyone out there know of any.

This is basically "hardware cloth on steroids" .... it's been used for pot stands and I think it'd be sturdier than hardware cloth when used with some of the hotter burning stoves folks are making"
===============================

Jim, the SS welded mesh is much stronger than the hardware store standard stuff. I was able to buy a big piece from Aaron at Brasslite.com. He was selling it at one time by the square foot. Send him an email and ask if he will sell you some. The picture shows the SS Welded Mesh used as the grate in a wood stove.

Joshua Mitchell
(jdmitch) - F

Locale: Kansas
mcmaster.com on 11/11/2005 14:04:14 MST Print View

You can buy it in three square foot minimum sections with whatever size openings you would like.