Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
WTB: Montbell Thermawrap Pants - Men's Large
Display Avatars Sort By:
Steven Healy
(shealy) - F

Locale: USA
WTB: Montbell Thermawrap Pants - Men's Large on 09/22/2008 21:03:43 MDT Print View

I'm going to Nepal in a few weeks and I want to stay warm at elevation. I did my due diligence and I love my Montbell vest, so I decided to try to buy a pair of these insulated britches. Either everyone else had the same idea or we are between apparel "model years." I can't find a men's size large Thermawrap at the usual suspects - including Montbell USA. Can you help me?
I'll be happy to buy or rent your new (or tenderly worn) pair of men's large Monthbell Thermawrap pants. The color black is fine!

Dave .
(Ramapo) - F - M
Re: WTB: Montbell Thermawrap Pants - Men's Large on 09/22/2008 21:50:28 MDT Print View

http://www.bentgate.com/thpabymo.html

Have fun on your trip.

Edited by Ramapo on 09/22/2008 21:52:52 MDT.

Steven Healy
(shealy) - F

Thank you for the suggestion! on 09/23/2008 20:09:32 MDT Print View

I appreciate it!

Happy Trails!

Steve

Dave .
(Ramapo) - F - M
Re: Thank you on 09/23/2008 21:19:56 MDT Print View

Don't get too excited, dude. I just got an email today telling me that they're out of stock and can't fill my order.

Nobody is gonna have any large Montbell Thermawrap pants in stock until the second week of October.

Bummer, eh?

Sorry I wasn't more helpful.

Steven Healy
(shealy) - F

Arrgh! on 09/23/2008 21:54:33 MDT Print View

I found out the same thing when I tried to order the MontBell pants tonight. And the price had gone up $10 over the full previous price of $130 at the place you mentioned with only XS available.

Anyone know if the XL can fit a L guy? I found a pair of XL at e-omc.com. I usually take a size 34" waist and a 32" inseam. A little big is OK if they will stay up.

Steven Healy
(shealy) - F

FYI, Size XL is too big for an L guy on 09/24/2008 23:09:46 MDT Print View

I talked to a helpful guy at e-OMC. He said he is the same size that I am. He tired on the XL pants and said they way too big for he and I.

Anyone else know of a source for the size L pants?

Christopher Holden
(back2basics) - F - MLife

Locale: Southeast USA
Re: FYI, Size XL is too big for an L guy on 09/25/2008 05:43:02 MDT Print View

If you're gearing up for a trip, why not look at alternate manufacturers? BPL/BMW Cocoon gear is both warm and light. My Patagonia Micropuff pants/top feel warmer than the Cocoon combo, but they're heavier too. I know other brands exist, but if you can get your clothing out of the way, it frees time to focus on other needs for your trip.

Link .
(annapurna) - MLife
size L thermawrap pants on 09/25/2008 10:31:25 MDT Print View

Edited by annapurna on 05/02/2010 08:29:48 MDT.

Paul Iracki
(piracki) - MLife

Locale: San Francisco
Patagonia.com has the micropuff pant in L for $60 as of 9/25 on 09/25/2008 12:53:56 MDT Print View

I got mine there a while ago and love them. They're a bit heavier as they have side zips. Normally $160. Look under web specials...

Steven Healy
(shealy) - F

Got the Micropuff Pants at the sale price! on 09/25/2008 13:59:22 MDT Print View

Thanks everyone!

Joshua Gilbert
(joshcgil2) - F

Locale: Seattle
Micropuff pants on 09/26/2008 11:40:59 MDT Print View

Thanks for the heads up on that sale. I've been wanting some insulated pants for a couple of seasons,but cost was prohibitive. 77$ delivered was too good to pass up. larger sizes are still available.