Forum Index » Gear Deals » Huge sale on Propper Tactical Clothing

Display Avatars Sort By:
Stephen Parmenter
(parmens) - F

Locale: OH
Re: Core Values on 09/11/2008 11:49:16 MDT Print View

I've got to say I agree with pretty much everyone...

- based on the original post, it appears the user is a spammer. he has made no other posts. spammers... one of my personal pet peeves, being a moderator on a backpacking yahoo group site, so based on that alone, I would have deleted the post
- I agree that if it had quietly been deleted with no comment, it would have died. Or if it had been left alone, it would have died.
- But because of inconsistencies in enforcement and his responses in other posts, it does appear that Roger (at least) is biased towards anti military and possibly a political agenda

Not sure what the take away is, just my observations.

Slo Hiker
(SloHiker) - F

Locale: NC Foothills
Is that tactical lipstick? on 09/11/2008 13:18:09 MDT Print View

With no intent to flame the fires on this topic anymore, I just want to clarify the point to those that may have missed it .... my initial question, though put in the form of a question, was completely rhetorical. I think I knew the answer already.

I must admit that I find these politically correct "situations" profanely amusing. For me at least, the lines seem to be getting brighter all the time.

Edited by SloHiker on 09/11/2008 14:59:17 MDT.

Christopher Holden
(back2basics) - F

Locale: Southeast USA
Re: Core Values on 09/11/2008 13:18:17 MDT Print View

I have an anti-spam agenda. I don't understand the political or anti-military agenda accusation though. Can someone please send me a MYOG SUL tinfoil hat so I can follow along with the conspiracy theory?
Thanks in advance.
Chris

Stuart Armstrong
(strong806) - F

Locale: Near the AT
Re: Spam on 09/11/2008 13:40:18 MDT Print View

Edited by strong806 on 09/11/2008 13:43:09 MDT.

Bill Fornshell
(bfornshell) - MLife

Locale: Southern Texas
Core Values-MYOG Tinfoil Hat / Cook Pot on 09/11/2008 13:40:41 MDT Print View

Chris,

I designed this
"Tin Foil / Cook Pot Hat" some time ago. I got a lot of orders for it using the PM format and most had left coast address. The orders were all for size "small".

I made enough money off this item to buy my second Hummer.

Christopher Holden
(back2basics) - F

Locale: Southeast USA
MYOG Tinfoil Hat / Cook Pot on 09/11/2008 17:27:22 MDT Print View

Bill,
If anyone would zero in on MYOG and SUL, I knew you would be at the top of the list.
Thanks for the laugh.
Chris

Jesse Glover
(hellbillylarry) - F

Locale: southern appalachians
Re: Core Values-MYOG Tinfoil Hat / Cook Pot on 09/11/2008 17:46:33 MDT Print View

Bill, I hope it was a real Hummer and not one of those pansy GM hummers.

Christopher, even though you were flaming me I still think that is one of the funniest posts I have ever read.

Barry Foster
(bazzer) - F

Locale: Redding
Propper and UL on 10/16/2008 15:47:10 MDT Print View

Hey Guys and Girls,
I have a real Hummer H1. The black Propper Pants I wear now and then are UL and better made than many in my local backpacking store and certainly lighter than those from REI.
Now Roger, your not being anti-American are you?
Baz