The protoypes worked very well. I was going to make them a bit skinnier then the 1" they are but figured I'll test them out a bit more. I cut a bunch out for my buddies, just need to have them bent.
I haven't tested the snow stakes yet, but there is a minimum charge to cut on the waterjet, so I figured I would cut a bunch of the winter stakes aswell. These will be bent in 3 places. I cut enough for my usual winter camping buddies (4 sets). Test results will be posted once the snow comes, but I anticipate that they will be sufficient for my trips as they are about the same size and the SMC ones. (3.5" Wide x 5.5" Long).
As someone mentioned before, I definitely have concerns with the sharp edge of the titanium cutting the guylines when it rubs. It held fine on the weekend with no sign of wear, but in a storm, there may be some issues. Looking forward to Rogers article regarding the fix, or maybe I'll try a few options out here.