Forum Index » Website & Forum Admin/Support » Admin: "Last 50 Posts" Option

Display Avatars Sort By:
Greg Mihalik
(greg23) - M

Locale: Colorado
Admin: "Last 50 Posts" Option on 08/21/2008 09:09:34 MDT Print View

Admin,
The number of posts not related to backpacking is overwhelming the "Last 50 Posts".

In the next iteration please consider making the forum pool for the "Last 50 Posts" user selectable.

Or create 2 functions - one for Backpacking and one for Personal Philosophy.

Thanks.

John S.
(jshann) - F
Re: Admin: "Last 50 Posts" Option on 08/21/2008 10:05:34 MDT Print View

+50

Adam Rothermich
(aroth87) - F

Locale: Missouri Ozarks
Re: Re: Admin: "Last 50 Posts" Option on 08/21/2008 10:46:06 MDT Print View

+50, indeed.

My mind isn't going to be changed because I'm told I'm ignorant for ignoring the "obvious facts." Take it to The Political Arena over on the Backpacker.com forums, they love that kind of stuff.

Adam

Mina Loomis
(elmvine) - MLife

Locale: Central Texas
"Last 50 Posts" alternative on 08/22/2008 20:51:57 MDT Print View

I used to do the "Last 50 Posts" thing. No longer.

Instead, I go to the Forum Index, and look at the most recent post date for each forum in which I might be interested. If the date is after whenever I last looked, I open the forum, which shows the threads in order of most recent post. I only open threads of interest to me, that have last-post dates for after I last looked. Inside the thread, "new" posts are indicated, which helps me zero in. This approach avoids the difficulty of identifying threads when the post "Subject" lines shown in "Last 50 Posts" are different from the original thread "Subject."

This eliminates most of the frustration I used to feel in toggling in and out of posts only to end up in threads I've already read or that have gone in uninteresting directions.

Mina