Forum Index » Gear Lists » Himalaya backpacking gearlist

Display Avatars Sort By:
raj nag
(rajnag21) - F

Locale: Currently NY
nia's and rod's comments on 08/13/2008 08:01:27 MDT Print View

Hi Nia,
I've had my eye on the steel mesh with a wood holder on one end as a very useful lightweight device. I can have it made to my specs in India.
I didn't give your silicone muffin pan a second thought till I saw rod's comments about it. It's ingenious. How's the durability when you use it like that ?

Rod,
Thanks for chiming in with that warming about AL reactivity. I will look around. I will talk to the campmor people about the weight on the HA AL pot combo.

Nia Schmald
(nschmald) - MLife
Re: Nia, which pot? on 08/13/2008 12:03:34 MDT Print View

Rod, I'm using the AGG 3-cup hard anodized pot. I think I paid $12. Unfortunately it looks like AGG has dropped this pot. Is the same one in the set that Huzefa linked above.

Yeah I saw the muffin pan as pot holder mentioned on whiteblaze. It works quite well. Although I have also just put a strip of silicone tape around the pot for my last trip which worked as well. The strip needed weighs < 5g. I still take the muffin pan when I want to bake.

Raj, I've had no durability problems with any silicone baking stuff. The only thing that can damage it is a sharp knife. Actually a bear could probably do some damage as well :)

Edited by nschmald on 08/13/2008 12:04:11 MDT.

Huzefa Siamwala
(huzefa)
Re: hardcoat anodized on 08/13/2008 12:34:08 MDT Print View

Glad I could help!

p.s. I am sending you a PM. check your inbox.

Huzefa Siamwala
(huzefa)
bowl/mug on 08/13/2008 21:07:52 MDT Print View

You have posted the same link for the bowl and mug. You plan to use you Sierra Cup as both?

At 2.4oz for 300ml it gets heavy. See BPL trapper mug: 1.3oz for 475ml.
The lightest option for a bowl/mug I am aware of is cutting the top of a Platybottle. cheaper too!

1.4 oz for SP Ti spoon and fork is heavy too. Check out BPL Titanium Spork:0.4oz. BPL SUL Ti spork is little lighter but I like shiny spork for it its possible use as a mirror.

Top 10 Reasons to Carry a Spork
http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/top_10_reasons_to_carry_a_spork.html

raj nag
(rajnag21) - F

re:recent changes to gear list on 08/14/2008 13:49:54 MDT Print View

Huzefa,
You're right. Anyways forget it. I just bought the nallo2gt and pair of OR croc gaiters. I got the snowpeak 600 ml ti cup , various hilleberg stakes (viper AL wide and 7.5 inch pro pegs (sets of 4 as recommended by petra as sufficient)),25 metre 3mm guy line,SD down booties,msr titan fork and spoon for FREE !
That's right. Unbelievable. Thank you Moontrail ! Can't wait to see my tent.

Edit: I paid for the snow and sand pegs.

Edited by rajnag21 on 08/14/2008 17:19:43 MDT.

raj nag
(rajnag21) - F

got my nallo anf anodized AL pot set ! on 08/21/2008 08:38:45 MDT Print View

Hi All,
I got my nallo 2gt yesterday. I haven't opened it up yet.Plan to do it later today. I got the backpacking pot set from campmor and I'm a little disappointed by the condition of the pots.

The hard coat anodization is not very durable. There's a big scratch inside each pot with the aluminum showing through. The rims of the pots already have almost all the anodization stripped off.

I took a couple of pictures.Hardcoat anodization on the rim stripped awayscratches on the pot exteriorscratches inside the potpot scratches

Edited by rajnag21 on 08/21/2008 08:40:06 MDT.