Forum Index » Community Support Forum » Plugging your site in the chaff section...

Display Avatars Sort By:
Ryan Gardner
(splproductions) - F - M

Locale: Salt Lake City, UT
Plugging your site in the chaff section... on 08/04/2008 00:59:36 MDT Print View

Is it kosher to put a plug in for your personal website in the Chaff forum? I know it says "No commercial posts" on there, but maybe that's not the same thing.

Roger Caffin
(rcaffin) - BPL Staff - MLife

Locale: Wollemi & Kosciusko NPs, Europe
Re: Plugging your site in the chaff section... on 08/04/2008 05:13:33 MDT Print View

Is it a website dedicated to lightweight walking?
If so, no problems.
But if it is a commercial website for other purposes, I think it would definitely be better avoided. After all, would you want another member advertising his commercial website at BPL?

Cheers
Roger Caffin
Online Community Monitor

Sam Haraldson
(sharalds) - MLife

Locale: Gallatin Range
Plugging your site in the chaff section... on 08/04/2008 09:42:10 MDT Print View

I don't know, Ryan - would it be okay for me to pitch my Web site, samh.net/backpacking in this forum? If so, then my posting samh.net/backpacking is probably no different than you posting a link to your Web site which is probably a lot like samh.net/backpacking. So you can go ahead and post it. Just be careful not to spam it around like I do when I post links to samh.net/backpacking.

Andrew Richardson
(arichardson6) - F

Locale: North East
Re: Plugging your site in the chaff section... on 08/04/2008 09:55:01 MDT Print View

Ha..Thanks for the laugh! :-)

Franco Darioli
(Franco) - M

Locale: Melbourne
Plugging your site in the chaff section... on 08/07/2008 21:16:51 MDT Print View

Sam
Why don't you just post the link and see if anyone notices that ?
If you do , don't use those embedded things, I can never see them.
Franco

Sam Haraldson
(sharalds) - MLife

Locale: Gallatin Range
Plugging your site in the chaff section... on 08/08/2008 07:38:16 MDT Print View

The subtlety of my humor would have been lost then, Franco ; )