Forum Index » Gear Lists » A French gear list : vosges summer 2008

Display Avatars Sort By:
B DMC
(Beanael) - F

Locale: France
A French gear list : vosges summer 2008 on 07/24/2008 12:53:02 MDT Print View

Hello

It's my first message on BPL, and even if I did not take part, I read with interest ...
My English, although improved, is still far from reaching such a level that I can be reactive. But I'm learning.

Let me present a list of equipment for hike to vosges this summer. The trip is Saverne - Belfort, for 8 days.

This list is not original, many objects have been ordered in the U.S. ...

Vosges summer 2008

Thanks you
Merci
@+
Benoit

Edited by Beanael on 07/24/2008 13:03:46 MDT.

Franco Darioli
(Franco) - M

Locale: Melbourne
A French gear list : vosges summer 2008 on 07/25/2008 03:49:14 MDT Print View

Hi Benoit
If I am not mistaken it is a moderately low region (below 1500m ) so your gear list looks well balanced . ( I have relatives in Culoz and Geneva but have not seen your area) You could save a bit of weight with the mat and the sleeping bag, but it would be expensive for the gain.
I noted that you have the Contrail (don't forget to add a front and rear guyline, in case of wind or heavy rain) and my favorite Opinel knife. I just love the look and feel of them. (I have been watching the Tour, it went through Saint Jean de Maurienne a few days ago).
I noticed you have 10x Arklight stakes, are they all the same ?
I prefer to have a couple of nail stakes (for hard soil and to use to make the hole for the rest if I have to) some Y stakes and longer Easton for soft soil and/or to jam inside/between rocks.
Franco

Opinel