Trip Reports: Help (with pictures)
Display Avatars Sort By:
Thom Darrah
(thomdarrah) - MLife

Locale: Southern Oregon
Trip Reports: Help (with pictures) on 07/07/2008 22:51:24 MDT Print View

Please help me figure out how to post trip pictures vertically down the page while inserting comments and or descriptions between said pictures. My pictures keep wanting to post horizontal making it so a reader is required to scroll right to view. If you look at the pictures I just posted of a short trip on the Oregon PCT you will see my problem. I thought I was typing in picture descriptions which do not appear as part of the trip report (if I place my cursor on the picture it gives the hidden description).

Dave T
(DaveT) - F
help with pics. on 07/07/2008 23:23:42 MDT Print View

hi thom.

i don't think i've ever posted multiple pictures, but after you insert the photo (and add the non-shown caption), you'll note that all that happens is the insertion of some IMG code into your typed message.

so just type a caption in your message, hit return, hit insert image, come out of it, type another caption below it, and repeat.

at least i think that should work... check it out!

Donna C
(leadfoot) - M

Locale: Middle Virginia
Re: Trip Reports: Help (with pictures) on 07/08/2008 08:27:52 MDT Print View

I had the same problem. Even wrote some things where it said to but it never worked. it showed up correct on my home computer but not another.

Thom Darrah
(thomdarrah) - MLife

Locale: Southern Oregon
Trip Reports: Help on 07/08/2008 08:30:08 MDT Print View

I just reposted and did much better, thanks Dave T, for the tips (I'm still learning).

Dave T
(DaveT) - F
posting pics. on 07/08/2008 09:57:59 MDT Print View

right on. nice pics!

the caption you type when you upload the photo appears as "flyover text" or whatever you call it when you hover your mouse cursor over the photo.

Edited by DaveT on 07/08/2008 09:59:23 MDT.