Forum Index » Editor's Roundtable » An Ultralighter Paddles on the Dark Side: Packrafting a Remote Canyon "Heavy" Style

Display Avatars Sort By:
Tom Clark
(TomClark) - MLife

Locale: East Coast
Re: An Ultralighter Paddles on the Dark Side: Packrafting a Remote Canyon "Heavy" Style on 07/03/2008 20:46:32 MDT Print View

Carol,
As always, a nicely written article that allowed me to experience the trip along with you. I'm looking forward to equally well written articles about hiking/backpacking.
Tom

Thomas Harris
(doctom54) - MLife
great article on 07/05/2008 10:07:23 MDT Print View

An excellent article. Well done. It certainly gives one the sense of what it was like on the trip and a comparison to conventional river running.

Thanks

Elizabeth Kunkee
(ElizabethK) - MLife

Locale: Southern California
Great Article on 07/08/2008 19:43:15 MDT Print View

The heavyweight packrafting article was enjoyable reading. In my days since "seeing the light"; reading the forums, articles and the book, one message that has been very clear is the need to decide what is really important to bring on a trip and what can be left behind. The heavyweight packrafting article gave a very nice perspective to the question "what can be left behind".

Although trimming the gear list is a basic tenet of lightweight backpacking, it bears repeating in many different stories. I do appreciate this article for doing so.