Forum Index » General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Where are the MLD shelters???

Display Avatars Sort By:
Sven Klingemann
(svenklingemann) - F
Where is the MLD Superfly??? on 06/18/2008 11:32:48 MDT Print View

Just checked the MLD website and the Superfly has been pulled from it ... ???
S

Edited by svenklingemann on 06/18/2008 11:49:44 MDT.

John Kays
(johnk) - M

Locale: SoCal
product availabilty on 06/18/2008 13:00:00 MDT Print View

Sven, I too am interested in why these products are not available. You might receive better response if this inquiry were posted in the "Gear" forum.

Sven Klingemann
(svenklingemann) - F
Re: product availabilty on 06/18/2008 13:07:50 MDT Print View

Hm ... you are right. My bad.
S.

Adam Rothermich
(aroth87) - F

Locale: Missouri Ozarks
Re: Where is the MLD Superfly??? on 06/18/2008 13:12:34 MDT Print View

The Revelation isn't listed any longer as well. Methinks it probably has to do with the spinnaker shortage Ron has been dealing with. Currently, all of the spinnaker-only items aren't available for purchase. Can't say for sure why he pulled the Superfly and Revelation off the site but I would definitely suspect they aren't discontinued.

Adam

Thom Darrah
(thomdarrah) - MLife

Locale: Southern Oregon
"MLD Shelters..." on 06/18/2008 13:20:20 MDT Print View

Sven,
I did notice this shelter missing on the MLD site, I would think (guess) it is a demand issue, or lack there of. I hope I'm wrong, I've used the MSR Twin Sisters shelter for winter conditions and was hoping to give the MLD Superfly a try this coming fall. The two shelters are very similer in design but the MLD would cut the weight by over half. Maybe I will be able to talk Ron into building one for me if the shelter is gone from the lineup for good, I can hope.

Ron Bell
(mountainlaureldesigns) - F - M

Locale: USA
Re: "MLD Shelters..." on 06/18/2008 16:26:05 MDT Print View

Spinnaker Shortage- may be available later in the Summer/Fall.....

Jay Wilkerson
(Creachen) - MLife

Locale: East Bay
MLD Shelters- Serenity/ ground cloth on 06/18/2008 18:04:03 MDT Print View

Hey Ron, Would you reccomend a ground cloth under the Serenity shelter? The reason I ask is because I way 235 lbs and I am doing 10 day trek with it. Is my weight a facter in possible wear and tear. I know to preen and clean my sleeping spot. Thanks-Insight?