Forum Index » Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » PCT Section-Tuolumne to Ebbits Pass=110 miles

Display Avatars Sort By:
Jay Wilkerson
(Creachen) - MLife

Locale: East Bay
PCT Section-Tuolumne to Ebbits Pass=110 miles on 06/12/2008 20:48:48 MDT Print View

Josh, Casey, Ken and Patrick are you getting your GEAR locked and loaded plus your food? 29 days and counting. The Dr. took me off parole- I'm good to go bros and I can't wait!!! Whats your status friends? I need to get in shape very quickly.

Joshua Billings
(Joshua) - MLife

Locale: Santa Cruz,Ca
Getting ready on 06/13/2008 21:47:53 MDT Print View

Whats up Jay? Man you are on it. I usually wait till a couple of days before. Maybe I should get my stuff out and shake off the dust.Lookin forward to it. Thanks for organizing this one for us.Ten days in the woods sounds like heaven.
Josh

Jay Wilkerson
(Creachen) - MLife

Pct Section -110 Awesome Miles on 06/14/2008 10:07:46 MDT Print View

Hey Joshua, Next week should be great. For the big trip I am just getting my food together. 10 days at 2 lbs of food a day= 20 pounds. Breakfest, snack, lunch, snack, dinner, snack. This includes cereals, dehydrated milk, dried furits, energy bars, energy gels, protien bars, candy bars, beagels, pb, honey, mixed nuts, crackers, dehydrated dinners, so- on- so- on! 10 days in the woods is a long time and I love to EAT. You gotta fuel the engine. On a long distance hike I think you really have to pay attention to your diet so you don't BONK!!! Take Care

Casey Bowden
(clbowden) - MLife

Locale: Berkeley Hills
Tuolumne to Ebbits on 06/14/2008 10:11:16 MDT Print View

Jay and Josh,

Don't count me out yet, still trying to make it work!

Jay Wilkerson
(Creachen) - MLife

PCT Section-110 miles of Freedom on 06/14/2008 12:41:13 MDT Print View

Hey Casey, I was checking out your website- lots of cool stuff!!! Life is short- hike accordingly.

Ken Helwig
(kennyhel77) - MLife

Locale: Scotts Valley CA via San Jose, CA
PCT on 06/14/2008 16:39:05 MDT Print View

Jay I sent you a pm!!

Jay Wilkerson
(Creachen) - MLife

PCT Section-110 miles of Freedom on 06/14/2008 22:41:19 MDT Print View

Hey Ken, Got your message- I will call ya soon . We can give you a ride back to Sanora Pass-no problem. One condition- you must bring us a few adult beverages. I am going to have a satelite phone with me and we can better cordinate our meeting time.

Ken Helwig
(kennyhel77) - MLife

Sonora to Ebbetts on 06/18/2008 14:22:33 MDT Print View

Jay, just saw this. No problem! Sierra Nevada ok??

July 18th which is a Friday, I will ask for the day off

Ken Helwig
(kennyhel77) - MLife

Ebbetts-PCT on 06/18/2008 17:32:54 MDT Print View

Arghhh cannot attend! My aunts 80th birthday is the 19th (Saturday) in Santa Barbara. Attendance is manadatory guys. Sorry

Jay Wilkerson
(Creachen) - MLife

PCT-Ebbits Pass on 06/18/2008 17:55:55 MDT Print View

Sorry ken, maybe we can do a hike later in the season. I really want to go back to Tehipite Valley. lets stay intouch.