Forum Index » Make Your Own Gear » Anyone have Ray-Way Quilt Plans?

Display Avatars Sort By:
G Dup
(lococoyo) - F
Anyone have Ray-Way Quilt Plans? on 06/09/2008 17:14:52 MDT Print View

My friend bought the 2 person deluxe quilt kit but it no longer looks like his SO will be hiking with us.

Does anyone have the instructions for the 1-person deluxe quilt kit?

For what its worth... i'd be happy to email you a copy of the 2-person instructions. Thanks!

Sean Monahan
(Zvolen) - F

Locale: CA Central Valley
"Anyone have Ray-Way Quilt Plans?" on 06/10/2008 11:42:28 MDT Print View

Have you tried to contact them directly and ask for the 1 person plans, I am sure they would be happy to send them if you explain what has gone on. That would be my approach at least, good luck.

Joe Kuster
(slacklinejoe) - MLife

Locale: Flatirons
Anyone have Ray-Way Quilt Plans? on 06/10/2008 12:10:03 MDT Print View

Actually, if you've ever tried to deal with their customer service it's highly unlikely that'd you'd get plans for a different product. They are a "bit" overprotective of such things.

I've probably got the patterns floating around from my old model but frankly I'd go with a different design.

David Wills
(willspower3) - F
Re: Anyone have Ray-Way Quilt Plans? on 06/10/2008 14:48:04 MDT Print View

theres plenty of other plans floating around the MYOG section and the rest of the web that are similar to ray way plans.
An example- im 6'2 ish and 185lbs- 52"x44"x80" is pretty roomy

G Dup
(lococoyo) - F
re: Anyone have Ray-Way Quilt Plans? on 06/10/2008 16:26:38 MDT Print View

You pretty much summed up it Joe. I didn't even want to bother - I knew the answer.

He already has the kit, so I imagine he doesn't want to order any more hardware for a different design. I don't recall any, but i'll take another look in the MYOG archives to see if I can find something simpler. This is going to be his first time using a sewing machine (going to be quite a surprise, hehe) so I figure the original Ray-Way instructions (which were great when making my 2-person) are his best bet for success.

Linsey Budden
(lollygag)

Locale: pugetropolis
Ray-Way Quilt on 06/12/2008 05:38:02 MDT Print View

Having made both quilts, I submit it's very possible to make a one-person by interpolating the two-person instructions for the non-split design as the only thing that's really different is the width. Remember to size this over you and a big down/etc coat draped over you for maximum versatility. Lay out the yardage and doublecheck before you cut. The Gorget feature is very cozy--it compensates for the Polarguards lack of drape--and I'd highly recommend it. The Draftstopper feature works well, but detracts IMO from the look of the quilt. When I cut his kits, I cut a bit big as I seem to need more seam allowance that he uses.

Marty McClaine
(rwstripes) - F
I have some on 06/12/2008 11:13:10 MDT Print View

I have the single person quilt plans. I'd be happy to trade for the double person. You can email me at wolf_floyd@hotmail.com to hash out the details.