How do I search just the forum?
Display Avatars Sort By:
Mike Barney
(eaglemb) - F

Locale: AZ, the Great Southwest!
How do I search just the forum? on 10/10/2005 19:15:52 MDT Print View

I've tried a couple of times to search the forum using the search BPL link on the top right of the screen, but this does not seem to include Forum Posts. Is this possible? If so, any hints would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Mike

paul johnson
(pj) - F

Locale: LazyBoy in my Den - miss the forest
Re: How do I search just the forum? on 10/11/2005 01:46:31 MDT Print View

on each 'Thread' webpage of 'Posts' there is a line of blue (in my browser's default color scheme) text. each hyperlink item on that line of text has either a blue or red equilateral triangle, rotated +90deg, in front of it. basically the line of text reads:

>MAIN FORUM INDEX >SEARCH FORUMS >RECENT POSTS >NEW POSTS >OR NEWS >READER REVIEWS

you'll find 'Forum' related activities amongst those hyperlinks.

Mike Barney
(eaglemb) - F

Locale: AZ, the Great Southwest!
Re: Re: How do I search just the forum? on 10/11/2005 21:05:09 MDT Print View

And if it was a snake, .....
Thanks, I was target fixated on the top right Search BPL box.

Thanks,
Mike

paul johnson
(pj) - F

Re: Re: Re: How do I search just the forum? on 10/12/2005 02:37:34 MDT Print View

Mike,

others have missed those hyperlinks also. you are the second person i've replied to on this matter in the last month or so. so, don't feel bad.

BTW, there's a reason why, in many cases (especially if i'm involved), the answer to a question is so readily forthcoming: I'VE PREVIOUSLY MADE THE SAME MISTAKE MYSELF (usually more than once - some people, viz. me, are a tad slow on the uptake). just call me paul "snakebit" johnson. sorry, to put you in my "company" - hope it doesn't ruin your day.

take care,
pj

Note to BPL: those hyperlinks might be better in a BOLD font. slightly larger too??? the blue color is excellent, however - IMHO.

Edited by pj on 10/12/2005 04:09:04 MDT.

Ryan Jordan
(ryan) - BPL Staff - MLife

Locale: Greater Yellowstone
Re: Re: Re: Re: How do I search just the forum? on 11/11/2005 21:37:35 MST Print View

FYI We are creating an integrated site search that searches everything across the board from one location.

The search results will then contain graphic and text elements to let folks know what "section" their search result are in: ie, editorials, reviews, techniques, features, spotlites, forums, reader reviews, gear shop, etc.

paul johnson
(pj) - F

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: How do I search just the forum? on 11/12/2005 04:08:14 MST Print View

great. y'all sure are responsive. BPL only keeps on gettin' better and better. many thanks for listening.