Forum Index » Community Support Forum » Delete Sold Swap Items?

Display Avatars Sort By:
Rick Dickinson
(coyotebum) - F - M

Locale: Southwest Virginia
Delete Sold Swap Items? on 05/17/2008 19:49:28 MDT Print View

Forgive this newbie if this has already been suggested, but it would be great if sold gear swap threads could be deleted or marked sold somehow.

Cheers for a great resource!

Sam Haraldson
(sharalds) - MLife

Locale: Gallatin Range
Delete Sold Swap Items? on 05/19/2008 10:52:14 MDT Print View

Rick -

Ideally, people selling items in the swap forum should go back and edit their post titles to SOLD.

- Sam

Nia Schmald
(nschmald) - MLife
Re: Delete Sold Swap Items? on 05/19/2008 11:04:38 MDT Print View

I know people have requested this a few times, but personally I like to have the history available and the prices at which they sold so I can search for the info when I go to by an item later.

Bob Bankhead
(wandering_bob) - MLife

Locale: Oregon, USA
Delete Sold Swap Items on 05/19/2008 12:10:34 MDT Print View

The forums do not include a DELETE THREAD option so the best a poster can do - if they are so inclined - is to EDIT their post by deleting all the text and pictures (if any) and simply typing in "SOLD".

The forum administrators simply don't have the time to monitor the forum and manually delete sold threads, and given the level of response to users' requests in the past, asking for a DELETE function or an automatic time-delay deletion of a thread is probably a waste of time.

Edited by wandering_bob on 05/19/2008 12:11:08 MDT.

Dave T
(DaveT) - F
marking FS items sold... on 05/19/2008 12:14:04 MDT Print View

i agree with nia (and bob too). i like to see the old threads about what people sold it for, and whatnot. and the mods don't have time to deal with deleting anyway.

so i'd suggest:

1. always use FS (for sale) and WTB (want to buy) in your headers, along with a concise description of what you are selling or wanting to buy.

2. if you have a pending sale, either add a post saying that, or edit your original header to include "SALE PENDING"

3. once it's sold, edit your original post to include "SOLD" after the description.