Due to the new and poor website layout (like something from 1996, IMO), I can not find the exact titles (nor the articles), but the ones which encouraged me to subscribe for 2 years running now were:
- a comparison of synthetic and wool as shirt fabrics, with some guys wearing clown shirts, half and half of each fabric.
- an article on the science of breathable waterproof fabrics.
- the article on CO2 produced by stoves.
- the amazing fabric threads (sorry for the pun), by Richard N.
- the gear lists section as motivation!
I must interject, Instead of using critical programming time to make a classics, page, or in addition to it, make some basic functionality and bug corrections.
For example, an article index, grouped by subject. Currently your "Gear Categories" section has "Gear Lists", "Podcasts", etc.. and other non gear-category items.. lists and podcasts are not gear categories. Thats just one example of illogical web page organization which has been beat to death in other threads.
As another example, try to click on "GEAR", then mouse right to "Gear Checklists", it is impossible in Firefox on XP. The menu collapses to only the first few horizontal items..
and on and on.. See relevant threads.