November 20, 2015 8:16 PM MST - Subscription purchasing, account maintenance, forum profile maintenance, new account registration, and forum posting have been disabled
as we prepare our databases for the final migration to our new server next week. Stay tuned here for more details.
Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
ultralight cook kit
Display Avatars Sort By:
Ryan Faulkner
(ryanf) - F

Locale: Mid atlantic, No. Cal
ultralight cook kit on 10/06/2005 14:06:55 MDT Print View

I recently posted something in the gear talk forum, but relized that I should have posted it here. if you look on the "ultralight cook kit" thread you can read what all I use for three season backpacking. as you can see most of it is homemade (if you are wondering, the elite stove is not a mini bull design, I made by looking at pictures of tinnys design)and I would like to say that it is very satisfying knowing that you made this gear and that it works, not to mention that it is under three ounces for under $5. (I did not keep track of the cost and $5 is an estimate)

R Alsborg
(FastWalker) - MLife

Locale: Southwest
Re: ultralight cook kit on 10/06/2005 14:46:24 MDT Print View

Sounds like a nice UL Cook Kit. One suggestion is to protect the stove and the pot from the heat robbing wind. You might try a larger windscreen then what could be cut from an aluminum pie tin. Try using a disposable aluminum turkey-roasting tray you can cut at least a couple windscreens and the cost in minimal (especially with Thanksgiving around the corner).

Ryan Faulkner
(ryanf) - F

Locale: Mid atlantic, No. Cal
Re: Re: ultralight cook kit on 10/06/2005 15:01:42 MDT Print View

thanks roger, will do
by the way, my name is Ryan, I got this subscription from my mom as a gift

Edited by ryanf on 10/06/2005 15:16:00 MDT.