Forum Index » GEAR » Zipping two Montbell UL SS bags together

Display Avatars Sort By:
Jeroen Wesselman
(jeroenman) - F

Locale: Europe
Zipping two Montbell UL SS bags together on 04/26/2008 18:59:49 MDT Print View

Hello,

has anyone any experience with zipping together two Montbell UL Superstretch bags for a couple sleeping.

My girlfriend has a MB UL SS #2 and i have a WM Ultralite. We are / will been traveling and hiking for over a year and so far found that sleeping seperate get's a bit solitary although you are in a small tent.

I'am thinking of buying a MB UL SS # 3 to zip to the # 2 thinking that two stretch bag will create enough room two sleep two adults comfortably.

Has anyone tried this?

Thanks.

Kirk Olson
(kirkols) - F

Locale: Florida and Seattle
Zipping two Montbell UL SS bags together, Yes! on 04/26/2008 19:40:24 MDT Print View

Yes, we have two 2008 versions and they zip together perfectly. One long, one regular size.

Jeroen Wesselman
(jeroenman) - F

Locale: Europe
Re: Zipping two Montbell UL SS bags together, Yes! on 04/26/2008 20:19:33 MDT Print View

is it no problem zipping a regular and a long together?

Brett .
(Brett1234) - F

Locale: CA
Re: "Zipping two Montbell UL SS bags together" / No. on 04/27/2008 11:32:38 MDT Print View

I have 2005 and 2006 models in down, and they do not zip together; the zip terminations are the non-separating type. However, the old synthetic UL SS had the separating zippers; maybe the 2008 down models do as well.
Kirk, are yours down or synthetic?

Edited by Brett1234 on 04/27/2008 11:33:48 MDT.

Christopher Holden
(back2basics) - F

Locale: Southeast USA
MontBell UL SS zippers on 04/27/2008 11:40:53 MDT Print View

I have a 2007 down UL SS #4. It has the separating zipper, different than the 05/06 mentioned above. I do not have a second to try this connection in question, but when I was asking questions before purchase, I was told that the only difference between the long and the regular was the long had the extended footbox. The long footbox has a cinch string if you want to tuck it back up into the bag, making it the same length as a regular. I have the long and can confirm the cinch string bit, but have not compared it to length of a regular sized bag. Mine is not a full zip, so if it were possible, then the area around the feet (in the long footbox) would not be shared.

Edited by back2basics on 04/27/2008 11:46:16 MDT.

Christopher Holden
(back2basics) - F

Locale: Southeast USA
Re: "Zipping two Montbell UL SS bags together" / No. on 04/27/2008 11:52:56 MDT Print View

Brett,
I notice you live in Japan. Could the different zippers be a difference in production/distribution across continents?