Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
Roman Dial on Discovery Channel
Display Avatars Sort By:
Miles Barger
(milesbarger) - F - M

Locale: West Virginia
Roman Dial on Discovery Channel on 04/21/2008 13:35:14 MDT Print View

Roman, good to see you on Expedition: Alaska. Thanks for not being as cheesy as some of the other presenters and staying a bit closer to real science. And nice rafting moves, man; those rapids were unbelievable.

Sarah Kirkconnell
(sarbar) - F

Locale: In the shadow of Mt. Rainier
Re: Roman Dial on Discovery Channel on 04/21/2008 14:18:20 MDT Print View

Ooh! I have that on the DVR - will have to watch tonight!

Christopher Holden
(back2basics) - F - MLife

Locale: Southeast USA
Expedition: Alaska on 04/21/2008 14:39:22 MDT Print View

I missed it. The DVR guide here says it comes on again May 1, 7-9pm (Central Time). I'll record/watch it then.
Thanks for the head's up! Not sure how I missed it though since I caught Alaskan Wild and Alaska's Arctic Wildlife... still haven't had time to watch either yet.

Adam Rothermich
(aroth87) - F

Locale: Missouri Ozarks
Re: Roman Dial on Discovery Channel on 04/21/2008 14:45:53 MDT Print View

I just caught part of it. I heard the name Roman and thought for a second it might have been Roman Dial, but they moved on to some other group and I lost interest before I found out.

I'll have to catch it the next time its on.

Adam

Roman Dial
(romandial) - F - M

Locale: packrafting NZ
TV on 04/21/2008 21:01:46 MDT Print View

Thanks Miles for the kind words. Ever since Steve Erwin, there's a sort of expectation for cheese on science/natural history TV. I was a little apprehensive about how that show would come off, but I was pretty happy with it. Katy Walter, the curly headed methane scientist is a first rate researcher and her enthusiasm on the show was authentic.

My director/photographer wanted me to flip but my son told me before the trip, "Dad, don't embarrass yourself by swimming!" So I decided to just make it real and stay afloat.

It was a fun show to work on and Justine (she filmed the elephant eating lions in Planet Earth) and Gordy Buchanan are super fun in the field.

Sarah Kirkconnell
(sarbar) - F

Locale: In the shadow of Mt. Rainier
Re: TV on 04/25/2008 10:53:34 MDT Print View

Definitely a great show. Watched in HD of course ;-) My husband who kayaks would like you to know you have ***** of steel for doing those rapids..lol!

I very much liked the section where you did the photography of the receding glaciers. I find that fascinating no matter where photos like that are shot.

Devin Montgomery
(dsmontgomery) - MLife

Locale: one snowball away from big trouble
Re: Roman Dial on Discovery Channel on 09/30/2008 20:35:06 MDT Print View

Ha! I just caught a rerun of the show. I was folding laundry and out of nowhere... yada yada yada Roman Dial... very cool.